designingd

Reapplying Sunscreen over makeup?

I have some melasma that I do not want to get any sun on. I apply a SPF 15 and a liquid foundation with SPF 20 at 7:00 AM. If it is nice outside, I eat outside with the girls at work around noon. We sit under an umbrella, but I'd like to be able to put on a little sunscreen for that added defense since the stuff from the morning is probably wearing off. Whats the best product for this that won't mess up my makeup or clog pores? I have oily acne prone skin. Is a powder with spf the way to go? Thanks for your advice!

melissabt

Re: Reapplying Sunscreen over makeup?

Hi Designingd,

I could not agree more the PTR is perfect for mid-day touch ups. I also like using a light spray type sunscreen as another option. It's quick drying and I find that it doesn't mess up your make up!

supergoop.jpg

Sunscreen Mist With Vitamin C Broad Spectrum SPF 50

http://www.sephora.com/sunscreen-mist-with-vitamin-c-broad-spectrum-spf-50-

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Another vote for PTR. I always keep one in my purse & one in my car during the summer months 

kalex

I second the recommendation for the PTR.  It's the best solution I've found so far for on-the-go sunscreen.  The bristles are a bit harsh though so make sure to use a light hand!

lylysa

Peter Thomas Roth offers some great options for SPF powders that come in an easy to use, brush-included tube to where you're not needing to carry a separate powder/loose powder and brush.

There's even a formula specially designed for oily or acne prone skin while offering SPF 30 protection!

http://www.sephora.com/oily-problem-skin-instant-mineral-powder-spf-30-P235909?skuId=1165844

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • designingd
Photos1
  • supergoop.jpg