Answer
gsxrbabe
REALLY Stubborn Blackheads!

Stubborn Blackheads! I've got combo type 1 skin (aka I burn if I just walk the dog around the block/usually wear the lightest shade in all brands of foundation) and am disabled so I only wash my face every other day and if I've been outside. I've managed to erradicate any acne issues except old scarring (only get hormonal pustules) but I can't get rid of the blackheads/large pores and hardened sebum bumps under the epidermis which I've had since I was in high school (now in my late 30s)! It makes applying foundation/powder a nightmare. Always turns out uneven and flakey,no matter the primer/moisturizer. I prefer more green products but have no issues with retinols, etc just not parabens, etc. Should I use a peel, mask, scrub, other? I use my Clarisonic Plus and Purity cleanser nights and always after wearing makeup, would just adding in the Micro wash before makeup application work or should I try something else? TIA! -Alex

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
dianabt
Answered

Hi gsxrbabe, 

Try using a mask that will help to unclog and clear out your pores to prevent blackheads. This would be a great weekly treatment in combination with your Clarisonic.

REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask

Invisible Pores Detox Mask

Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask

Deep Cleansing Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Therapuetic Sulfur Acne Mask

Therapeutic Sulfur Masque  Acne Treatment Masque

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • gsxrbabe