Answer
gingerpeach5
Prom
(0) Hearts

I am going to my junior year prom and my dress is light blue with a black sash.

The only problem is that I have moderate acne. I always have at least 3 blemishes on my face. I will be washing, medicating, exfoliating and moisturizing my face until the dance. I use a Clarisonic Mia and I have acne medication from a dermatologist that I will use.

Do you have any suggestions for a good concealer that will cover up my acne almost entirely but still have a luminous finish?

I would also like to find an eye shadow and lipstick that will go with my dress and be sultry, but not scary and overdone.

Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
proanne
Answered

Hi Gingerpeach5,

You seem to be doing a great job with your skincare routine. Just make sure you are remembering to moisturize with an oil free lightweight moisturizer like DDF oil free moisturizing dew. You have to make sure all your anti-acne products aren't stripping and overdrying your skin. Your face still needs it's drink of water.

For a concealer, I wouldn't recommend a luminizing concealer. Anything that is luminizing will bring attention to something, so keep concealer more matte. To achieve an all over luminous, natural finish, try Make Up For Ever Face and Body Foundation. Add a powder luminizer like Dior's Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond on the high points of your face. The best concealer for blemishes is Make Up For Ever Full Cover. It will cover blemishes phenominally, and with it's water resistant formula, will stay all night without moving.

Since your dress is light blue accented in black, I would apply a light smoky grey to bring together both of the colors you are wearing. I suggest Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. By focusing on the soft, neutral shades and lining with something a bit darker, you will have the perfect sultry eye without looking overdone.

Have Fun!!

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • gingerpeach5
    • proanne