Prom Makeup!!

I have oily combination skin and am looking for a good staying medium flawless natural finish foundation. Since this is prom, I am also looking for something that photographs well. Any Suggestions??

Re: Prom Makeup!!

(0) Hearts

Hi beauty321, 

I recommend trying Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. It is a great foundation for combination to oily skin types because it is a matte foundation that helps control oil. This foundation also photographs extremely well. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

(0) Hearts

upload_7164103123314548594.jpg

I recommend Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation-- used recently for sisters formal banquet and it turned out well with medium coverage and flawless natural looking finish. 

I also recommend you using a setting powder, one with no silica as I would hate for you to look like a crack addict on prom night. Silica is reflective and will flash back at you, Miley Cyrus has been notorious for this,  Wayne Goss has a few setting powders that won't flash back listed if you wanna google it. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I too have oily skin and my make up stylist advised me not to use any foundation as it makes skin more oily than usual.I use Egyptian Earth Hator from Karin Herzog.This is a totally natural alternative to foundation that keeps my skin glowing and fair.

eng_pl_Egyptian-Earth-HATOR-bronze--459_1.jpg

(0) Hearts

Just curious here :smileyhappy: How is it not a foundation if it does everything a foundation does?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't know much about this product, but according to my google search it looks to be a face powder made with mica (so I suppose similar to the Ambient Lighting Powders, maybe?). I'm not sure how it makes it 'not foundation' or 'not makeup,' as the marketing claims for it... very interesting!

Not to mention natural isn't always better & a lot of people are sensitive to mica. 

It's a sheer coverage foundation with similar properties to to ambient light or meteorite; to give an all over glow & and help even out tone. 

(0) Hearts

I love NARS sheer matte or Make Up Forever velvet+ both great for photos.

(0) Hearts

I must recommend the brand " PETER THOMAS ROTH" I have been wearing make up for somewhere around 26 or so years , and I used to hate foundation.I was still leary up until recently - I met a tube of PETER THOMAS ROTH Foundation and it workes miracles and is very silky and light that it did NOT feel like I was even wearing foundation. It blends so very easily and it doesnt require a primer,there are no runs, no shine - nothing ! :smileyhappy:

If anything , I wear a light translucent Micro Finish Powder and I hav found one of the best to use is the SEPHORA brand.

When used for photos, it will look natural, no one will ever be able to tell you are wearing any make up, I have an older photo up ( 2013) but have recent head shots that I use as advertisement for some of my clients ( Im disabled so I do not work professionally like I used to as a Music promoter and assistant to many unnamed clients - yes, we have to do more than you think and the more skills the better..lol ) I have many of them using the PTR Foundation with the dusting of Sephora Micro Finish Powder and they have no issues under the hot lighting or sunlight for hours.

Just a suggestion i thought might help you out a bit. good luck and have a beautiful prom :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
Photos2
  • upload_7164103123314548594.jpg
  • eng_pl_Egyptian-Earth-HATOR-bronze--459_1.jpg