isk8717

Products for occasional acne flare-ups

(0) Hearts

Any affordable product recommendations for occasional acne flare-ups? They are usually stress induced, but tend to be moderate in their severity. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

miabt

Re: Products for occasional acne flare-ups

(0) Hearts

Hi isk8717, 

I would suggest trying out the Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment.  Its one of my staple products for acne spot treatment.  

Kate Somerville - EradiKate Acne Treatment

http://bit.ly/XlvfBb

You can also try the Murad Acne Spot Treatment for those occassional flareups.

Murad - Acne Spot Treatment 

http://bit.ly/10nZqhA

xo, Mia

lylysa

If your blemishes tend to be red, swollen, and sensitive to the touch, I would recommend a low dosage, benzoyl peroxide treatment like Neutrogena's On the Spot Treatment that has 2.5% BP. BP introduces oxygen into the pore to clear trapped oil and bacteria, be sure not to over use or overdose on a higher percentage like 5% or even 10% as too much can lead to overdrying of the skin.

If your blemishes are hard, pustular whiteheads that you want to be rid of quickly, try a treatment with sulphur like Murads spot treatment. The sulphur dries out the whitehead so that portion is diminished and the problem area is minimized. You can apply sulphur treatments up to 3x a day, but start slow, again, too much can over dry skin.

For your general round up of blemishes, salicylic acid is the way to go as not only does it rid skin of bacteria, but it also helps to shed dead skin cells and layers that can build up and emphasize the look of break outs. Murad's acne line is enriched with SA, and Boscia's Willow Bark Treatment uses willowherb and jojoba as a more natural form of SA to treat breakouts.

isk8717

That is all extremely helpful info--thank you very much!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No problem! Make sure to follow up with a good lotion or moisturizer after any treatment product, this helps protect skin and locks in what you apply.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • isk8717
    • lylysa
    • miabt