kimchikween

Products for contouring?

I am a 2Y06 and am looking for makeup for contouring.  Some tutorials use a more cream texture that is then blended in with the foundation (wayne gross).  I haven't had much luck yet.  I gained a bit of weight in my face after recovering from surgery and though I'm back to running, would like to contour my face to hide the new roundness until I lose the weight.  Tips for contouring are welcome too!

janinebt

Re: Products for contouring?

(0) Hearts

Hi kimchikween,

I personally find that concealers and powders work best for contouring. I'd recommend using a stick concealer like NARS Concealer in 2-3 shades darker than your complexion :smileyhappy:. You can apply this directly to the hollows of your cheeks and blend out with a finger or two :smileyhappy:.

swfupload_2446873671115153562.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/concealer-P293603?skuId=1344415

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lylysa

(0) Hearts

FYI, Laura Mercier has a cream contouring palette as well if you're wanting to play more with creams rather than powders:

swfupload_5906624083687727008.jpg

lylysa

Take a read at some guidelines and explanations for bronzing, contouring, blush, and highlighting in this thread below:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/experimenting-with-new-makeup-ideas/m-p/416325#M1078

I included a diagram that shows basic contouring techniques and blush placement to give two different looks/desired effects (try blush technique #1 to give a slimmer effect to face and not emphasize roundness).

kimchikween

Awesome! Thanks!

MakeupLvr17

Nars laguna is an awesome bronzer. The texture is smooth and buttery, and is easy to apply. I take a small contour brush and make a fish face, and apply under the cheekbones. I then focus the bronzer on to my temples, all around the forehead, and under the chin. I have a round face also, so I love to use laguna to sculpt my face and add more definition. Good luck!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

What book is this that you have? I need it lol

Bondbeautyful

You can contour your face according to your face IMG_20130821_212406-1.jpgIMG_20130821_212406-1.jpgshape you say you have a round face so this picture is a great way to contour... you can also contour under your jawline to slenderize you neck area.. hope this picture helps or you can contour the universal way underneath your cheek bone to slenderize your face.. I have a beauty channel youtube.com/bondbeautyful I'm actually going to do a video talking more in detail and showing how to contour according to your face shape if you want to keep a look out for that upcoming video I can definitely let you know when i upload it...

Let me know if you try to contour like the picture says i would love to know how it worked for you!.

neko333

(0) Hearts

What do you do if you have an oval face? Is there a picture for that?

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the pictures :smileyhappy:

kenny

(0) Hearts

If you want a cream contour product, it will probably be easiest to just use a cream foundation that is a couple shades darker than your skin tone. You'll want to look for a cream foundation that finishes matte or natural and is medium-full coverage and buildable (anything sheer will become invisible when blended out).

The foundations I found that match are Bobbi Brown's stick foundation, Lorac Cream Compact and NARS Radiant Cream Compact.

Then you can skip the extra foundation and just use the contour cream foundation and use a concealer or foundation that is a shade lighter than your skin to highlight. This will provide the coverage of just using a foundation regularly but contour your face at the same time.

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

Try the NARS Ita brush. It makes contouring the easiest thing in the world. You can buy it on shop.nordstrom.com for $39.00. I've had it for a little while now and I absolutely love it! $39 well spent. Try it with Benefit's Hoola bronzer. Any bronzer really; this brush does it all. Try it. Good luck! :smileywink:

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I love Benefit Hoola and Nars Laguna <3

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I've tried Hoola but think, for my skin, I need a cream bronzer.  Perhaps those with more deft a hand can blend the powder well but I look like an extra for the Rocky Horror Picture Show when I do it.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

If that's the case, then try one of the darker, more bronze shades of Nars The Multiple. I can't speak for exact colors, but I can say that the formulation is amazing!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I'm curious about Hourglass Illume Creme to Powder Bronzer duo

http://www.sephora.com/illume-creme-to-powder-bronzer-duo-P210576?skuId=1249218

swfupload_95071296732594705.jpg

drrragon

I have this in the pink/bronze duo and i LOOOOOOVE it as a cream blush!  Beautiful whipped texture that melts right into my skin.  I rarely ever use the bronzer half though, because it's too orangey, as if they took "sunset" literally!  p.s. it might be my favorite packaging ever too, with that nifty swivel mirror.  I actually use it more frequently as a hand mirror than as a blush, LOL

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I'm a sucker for great packaging!

jxw200

this is pretty good but the bronze shade in that duo is a bit orangey so it doesn't work so well for contour for many people. I like the other shade, sunset, better for that purpose.

I like chanel notorious, but that was LE... Otherwise some of my favorite contours are lush charisma skin tint and i agree about the nars multiples but not sure of shade - maybe st barts? that's the one I have. :smileyhappy: I think kevyn aucoin sculpting powder is pretty fool proof, and i actually have even used a mac eyeshadow before. not concrete, but the one that looks like it in the pan! haha

poshified

(0) Hearts

I got Notorious when everyone was going crazy trying to track one down and, go figure, I rarely reach for it. haha. I do want to try the Soleil Tan de Chanel at some point.

jxw200

(0) Hearts

i have that soleil tan de chanel and i like it. the shade is nice and bronzey in a warm, natural way. however on me it doesnt really work best for contour. not sure of your skin tone though, so maybe it will work for you!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kenny
    • jxw200
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • poshified
    • lylysa