Answer
Olivyah
Problem Eyes - Primer Help

Hi, I've been having issues with the skin around my eyes, and the actual eye lid. They can get very dry and crepey (while the rest of my face can be more combo with no lines). Wearing shadows has recently become a nightmare, especially when my eyelids get super dry. A lot of eye creams tend to just sit on my skin and don't absorb, making shadows crease even more (I've tried difference application methods, but the result are the same). I just tossed my UD primer potion (it was getting old).

I'm looking for really good eyeshadow primers that are geared more towards dry and older skin (even though I'm 25 :smileysad: ) . Or at least one that wont further dry out my skin. Bonus feature that would be helpful but not necessary include: long tern skin care benefits, hydrating, good for sensitive eyes, can be used also under the eye before concealer. And if there are any eye creams that really standout and that you feel would be helpful, suggestions would be great.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Olivyah

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
beautylovingirl
Answered

It could possibly the eye makeup remover that your using also some have some really drying ingredients in them. Look for a more moisturizing eye make remover, Lancôme's Bi facil is a good one. Also go more to moisture rich eye creams like the Origins Eye Doctor or Algenist Eye Renewal Balm. Urban Decay is really a normally get eye primer so you could get a new one of those or Too faced also has great eye primers. Hope this helps!

janinebt
Answered

Hi Olivyah,

I would recommend discussing this with your primary physician or a dermatologist to see if there is an underlying reason as to why this is happening.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi Olivyah,

It's hard to pin point what might be causing the dryness. I know from personal experience anytime eye make up removers have too much fragrance it can be really irritating. You might want to try a lotion type remover. Hold the cotton pad to your eye lid for a few minutes and then remove your make up.

Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

gentle.jpghttp://bit.ly/131XMP5

I also recommend the Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Eye Primer http://bit.ly/18xeQ5l

korres oak.jpg

<3 Melissa
mafan
Answered

If you're looking for an eye gel/cream, check out Clinique's All About Eyes. It's safe to use on the eyelid and when my eyelids were dry and flaky it cleared things up. (Of course check with the doctor to see if anything more serious is going on.) If you are near a store, see if you can get samples of the regular and rich versions, since it sounds like the rich version might help. I like it enough I have both, and use rich at night and regular during the day. 

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • janinebt
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • Olivyah
Photos2
  • gentle.jpg
  • korres oak.jpg