andyhtrieu

Primer for oily skin

I searched on BT for primers for oily skin and I saw a lot of high end primers. I'm looking for something under $20. I've tried the Boots No.7 mattifying makeup base and the Rimmel Fix and Perfect primer and they're both ok. I like the Boots one more than the Rimmel though

I got a sample of Clinique Stay Matte foundation and when I used it with and without primer, I still got oily and a little blotchy between my eyebrows. I set my foundation with L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder. With my Nars Sheer Glow, I get oily, but I don't get blotchy. 

Could it be my skin care routine? In the morning, I just wash my face with water and a clean face towel and no face wash/cleanser. Then I use my Clinique Moisturizing Gel, then my Cetaphil Oil Control SPF 30 (which doesn't control oil). After that, I put on foundation.

At night, I wash my face with Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser and I love it because it takes of all my makeup and it gently exfoliates my skin. I go in with my Clinique moisturizer again and then apply Alpha Hydrox Targeted Skin Lightener and then Tretinoin on areas that have acne. 

jojobe

Re: Primer for oily skin

(0) Hearts

Sometimes folks,.....less is more. You won't need an all day oil controller if you get the oil under control first. The more you put on your face the more you suffocate your pores. 

infinitise

could you be nourishing your skin a bit too little and therefore have it compensate it by producing more oil? 

it wouldn't be comfortable at first, but eventually after a few weeks/months your skin will balance out the moisture and oil if you nourish it well.. 

I know you're into Paula, and probably is using alot of products based on her reviews, but try serums to help moisturize the inner layer of the skin and maybe switch out of clinique.. 

use something that's more moisturizing and nourishing.. 

I recommend Fresh lotus 7 complex moisturizer.. it really is moisturizing 

I also like Clarins hydraquench line

once you get used to a serum and moisturizers that does have oils in them, try using a facial oil at night 

if you find one that works with your skin's chemistry (my friend and I were just talking about how different oils work better for diff ppl's skin even if they have same problem).. it really brightens ur complexion 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I've actually taken everyone's advice and I now don't rely on her as my only source of reviews. Instead of using facial oils at night, I've been using a cleansing oil to wash my face to see if I like oil on my face or not. It's been helping a little bit with my oil production. I read somewhere that cleansing oils and facial oils can help with reducing oil production. I've only been using it for two weeks now, but I can't tell if it's really making a difference yet. Thanks for the suggestions :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

You may need a Matiffying moisturizer - try Shiseido's pureness - once I added that into my regime it has helped breakthrough shine. 

Jessicaluvchu

(0) Hearts

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer

Chickibum

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the "Goss Method"? this was life changing for me. I have dry skin, but apparently this works even better on oily skin 

I can't stress enough how life changing this is lol

FitFan

(0) Hearts

love his tutorials. I'm going to try this today!

andyhtrieu

I watched that video and I'm trying it on saturday! :smileyhappy: 

Also, you have to remove that link or the mods will delete that post. If you want to link a video, use the little film strip icon on top of the text editor :smileyhappy:

Chickibum

[ Edited ]

Thanks for letting me know! I'm still new here, I hope I can figure out how to edit it on my phone lol

And I hope it works out for you! Let us know :smileyhappy: 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

HMMMM. You know, I used to use Clinique foundations years ago. They were my "starter" foundations, but I could never get any of them to work the way I wanted to. I typically found that with any Clinique foundation (Redness Solutions, Acne Solutions, Stay Matte, etc) I could not achieve a longer-lasting smooth finish. I always felt like somewhat of a grease ball by the end of the day, and I got a lot of patchiness and separation in the foundations as they sat on my skin.

Maybe it's just the Clinique foundation that isn't working quite right for you. 

That said, I also think that Clean and Clear produces a harsh cleanser for acneic and oily skin. My skin really loved me a lot better when I stopped washing it with harsh products and replaced it with gentle cleansers. If you want to stick with a drug store brand, have you tried CeraVe? Or perhaps, if you can find one, a wash made with tea tree oil? Tea tree oil, if your skin likes it, is rather calming and good for soothing inflammation of the skin. I'm still on the hunt for Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo/conditioner for my scalp conditions, but I've used pure tea tree oil on blemishes with success.

If you don't want to switch cleansers, then honestly, I'd just change foundations. You have had great luck with Nars Sheer Glow. Can you stick to that?

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

If you are looking for something less than $20, Revlon skin perfecting primer (not sure the exact name) would be a good choice. 

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Smashbox Blemish Control Primer is the bomb! (: You may also need an oil-control setting spray. I use UD's deslick and it keeps me matte all day. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I like using Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer for my oily skin.

I personally find Clean and Clear and Neutragena to be to harsh for m skin, that it strips off all the oils causing excess oil production. I recommend testing out H20+ products, they have a great mattifying line.

lecia1167

I would say definitely wash your face with a good face wash. If you're looking for something inexpensive, I would try a Neutrogena or Cetaphil  face wash. This will definitely help keep the shine down.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • FitFan
    • ivyxox