Answer
lizzardm84
Primer & Foundation combo to hide large pores..?? Help!

I have tried many things to reduce and/or hide my large pores.  I have combination-ish skin but it's not seriously oily and not extremely dry.  Nothing has worked to reduce them (I try to spend as much as I can on better products but don't have the means to spend a ton of money).  Some things have helped my skin appear smoother (one of my favorites is Queen Helene's grapeseed mask, and sometimes the mint julep mask).  I recently bought Too Faced's Primed and Poreless primer which helps reduce the appearance of pores, but they are still visible.  I am throwing this question out there to the experts.. What primers and foundations (especially when put together), in your experience, have you found to hide pores the best?  I know they are something I have to live with and just work with, but I would love to be able to hide them with makeup.  Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
dianabt
Answered

Hi lizzardm84, 

Pores can definitely be a tricky thing to hide. Unfortunately there are no actual ways to MAKE them shrink, but over time you can diminish their appearance a bit more, and there are products that help! I have a few recommendations for primers/serums you may like to try that are great for minimizing pores, and for your combination skin a few different foundations you may like that have long lasting yet buildable coverage for as much or as little cover as you need. :smileyhappy:

Toners/Serums/Primers\

-Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer is a fantastic toner to use after washing your face. It reduces the appearance of pores, helps to keep them clean, smooth and free of buildup of bacteria and other clogging properties and has been a very popular item with a lot of my own clients.

-Dermadoctor Picture Porefect is a lightweight serum that is great for reducing extra oil, unclogging dirt, and smoothing rough edges that can make pores more apparent.

Dr.Brandt Pore Thing with EVERMAT pore tightener is a new pore refining cream that helps to shrink and tighten pores to block impurities from clogging them,smoothes your skins texture, and leaves you with a gorgeous clear, matte finish.

Foundation

-Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation is a great long lasting foundation that looks and feels natural, is oil free, sweatproof and water proof and balances out dry and oily patches of the skin. Your skin will be left shine free and hydrated with a gorgeous medium to full buildable coverage.

Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 10

Make Up For Ever Face and Body Liquid Makeup is a long wearing, buildable coverage makeup that is amazing to cover up fine lines and pores while having a breathable, even covered finish. 

Face & Body Liquid Makeup

Fresh Umbrian Clay Foundation is another favorite that has an spf protection, helps to refine pores, has clay ingredients to neutralize and control oils in the skin, and helps to even out your skintone. 

Umbrian Clay® Freshface Foundation SPF 20

You can always try using a setting spray on top as well such as the MUFE Mist n Fix spray, Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Setting Spray, or the Kat Von D Lock n Load to help your makeup absorb and last for hours. :smileyhappy:

Mist & Fix

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
xoxcharlottexox
Answered
(0) Hearts
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lizzardm84
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • dianabt