Answer
cbsweetie313
Pregnant and skin has changed!
(0) Hearts

Hello! Recently I found out I was pregnant! Needless to say, my body is changing and that has totally included my face. Before I was always dry to normal skin..and now it is like my face has freaked out and become totally oily. All of my old makeup is not working for me anymore, so I would like some advice on what products would be good to use on my newly oily face? Before I used Mac Studio Fix and Bare Minerals in Fairly Light...what would be some good alternatives to use for the next nine months?! Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
proerik
Answered

Hello, 

Well first congratulations for the baby on the way! This is such an exciting time and yes sometimes your skin will change. 

I say embrace the oil because it will keep you looking young. It can be a good thing. Many times when your skin is very oily it is overcompensating that your skin actually thinks that it is dry so it is creating more oil to add moisture. 

As far as skincare I would recommend that you hydrate your skin more so that your skin thinks that it does not need to product more oil than needed. 

As a moisturizer try Josie Maran Argan Oil in its pure form or in the stick option. Massage into the skin and let sit for a minute before you apply your foundation. 

Argan OilArgan Oil Moisturizing Stick

For a foundation if you are still experiencing a lot of oil I would recommend Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Foundation or the Dior Forever liquid foundation. Both of these formulas are built for long wear and look great on the skin. 

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Mat Velvet + Matifying FoundationDiorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup

Hope this helps, 

-Erik 

Sephora PRO Artist

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • proerik
    • cbsweetie313