Answer
Jedo
Powder or Powder Foundation for Summer.
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

EDIT: Thank you for all the responses! Everyone has helped me a lot and gave me insight : ) Oh, and I live in Hawaii. 

I actually own a pressed powder I picked up while I was in Korea but I am running out. I was also noticing I tend to go over my face 2 - 3 times with it, and I realized that I was expecting too much from it.

Next time I go to Sephora I will check out the Clinique powders, along with Cover FX, since those seem to be for more sensitive skin~ I also need to check out a Shiseido counter at the department store. 

Thank you again!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
midniterae
Answered

I really like NARS products. I'm not sure where you live,but I live in Arizona where it gets to be about 120 degrees in the summer. I love my NARS pressed powder. I use that all year, especially in the summer. Usually, I pair the pressed powder with a tinted moisturizer, but that is not what you are looking for. I have worn just the powder and I like it, but it may not even out your skintone enough on its own. I think you should try NARS powder foundation. It will even out your skintone and not be too heavy depending on how you apply it. The NARS powder foundation also has an SPF as well.  Here is the link to the NARS powder foundation:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=NARS%20Powder%20Foundation%20SPF%2012%20P12...

beautylovingirl
Answered

Powder foundation is as light or as heavy as you want it to be, you can either apply it with a brush or it usually comes with a sponge apply what ever way is best for you. The difference between powder and powder foundation is your right the coverage will be more with the powder foundation. Shiseido, MUFE and MAC all have awesome choices for powder foundations. My personal fave is the MAC studiofix powder foundation. Hope this helps!

dianabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi Jedo,

Yes it does narrow down to what sort of coverage you want. I love the Clinique powders for a light coverage or a full coverage, particularly if you have sensitive skin.

If you really want to even the tone and your complexion, I would suggest that you look at something slightly heavier like the Clinique  Almost Powder which is still lightweight and sheer but just enough to give you the coverage you wish:

Clinique - Almost Powder SPF 15

http://www.sephora.com/almost-powder-spf-15-P211613?skuId=1071638

If you want a slightly heavier powder-foundation (will be more of a medium to full coverage to even out the skin and complexion) look at the Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation (oil free and very smoothing)

Amazing Face SPF 15 Foundation Powder

http://www.sephora.com/amazing-face-spf-15-foundation-powder-P266706?skuId=1267004

Or check out the MUFE Pro Finish and Nars Powder Foundations for a heavier finish as well:

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
drrragon
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hi Jedo,  like beautylovingirl said, there are different options within the powder category, some are designed to be finishing or setting powders that take away shine and set your foundation.  These tend to be lighter and sheerer than actual powder foundations.

I'm in the same boat as you, needing to switch from liquid/cream foundations to powders.  Ones I have used in the past and liked enough to purchase multiple times are Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup, and Lancome Dual Finish.  I prefer more coverage than less and those fit the bill for me, going on smoothly without being chalky.  I also really liked Bare Minerals matte loose powder foundation which is actually my favorite of the three; unfortunately I recently realized that my skin is senstive to the sunscreen ingredients in the Bare Minerals.

Others that I have my eye on are Lorac's Oil Free Wet-Dry Powder Makeup, and Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation.  The Cover FX has an incredible shade range compared to the others. 

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • midniterae
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • beautylovingirl
    • marshiemallow
    • Jedo