Chloes3

Powder Foundation

Does anyone have any thoughts or preferences on powder foundations?  I have oily  acne prone skin and have been wearing Makeup Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation for years (I've found the Pro Finish powder is beautiful but does not hold up long on my oily skin), but I've recently been finding that the color match isn't quite right anymore (I have very fair skin with neutral undertones leaning ever-so-slightly cool & always struggle with finding the right color).  I've been looking at Laura Mercier's powder foundation, Tarte's Amazonian Clay mineral foundation, and It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation.  Every time I've posted here everyone has been SO helpful, so thought I'd check with y'all first before buying! Thank you in Advance!  <3

beautylovingirl

Re: Powder Foundation

(0) Hearts

I would also suggest that you check out Kat Von D's lock it tattoo powder foundationKat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation.jpg

L1gal

(0) Hearts

Benefit's hello flawless has been my staple since they first launched it! I've tried bare minerals and it was horrible, I literally felt like I was wearing a mask that would rub off on everything (sorry die hard BM's)! Hello flawless is super smooth and actually build-able to give full coverage if u need it, or just a light dust to even u out. Also, it's one step.... No concealing powder, foundation, & loose powder - just apply & done! Also contains sunscreen & doesn't get weird when u apply non powder blush, luminizer etc. stays on all day & even through an evening yoga class! 

btmod2

Hi Chloes3,

I recommend trying Tarte's Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation. I have combination to oily skin and this foundation lasts for a long time on my skin. The lighter shades in this foundation have more of a neutral to yellow undertone to them. This foundation is incredibly easy to blend and always look natural on my skin. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

This is by far my favourite powder foundation!  I use it everyday even on top of other foundation for an extra layer.

Chloes3

(0) Hearts

Thanks Randee!  I'm definitely looking for something with a natural look, so I think I'll try this one for sure. :smileyhappy:

Beehavnbeauty

I have combo/oily sensitive skin and am also fair/light with pink undertones but prefer neutral foundations.  Truthfully I couldn't stand any of the MUFE's powders, the Pro was decent, but overall the colors leaned too yellow or would get kind of patchy on my skin.  Idk it just didn't work for me.  The 4 powders I'm currently using on their own (not over liquid foundation) is Laura Mercier powder foundation in No2 which is now discontinued and only available on their site for who knows how long, Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder in No 4, Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation Powder in champagne me vain and Dior Forever Compact 020.  All of these powders are neutral and provide light to medium coverage with a semi matte finish.  You should definitely use a primer, maybe one that is mattifying if you're really that oily.  Hope this was helpful. :-)

Chloes3

Thanks so much!  I'm excited to check out the Benefit & Dior foundations - didn't know they had a powder version &  super excited they have a semi matte finish!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • beautylovingirl
    • Beehavnbeauty
    • Chloes3
    • IAmLadyLiterary
    • L1gal