chellebean

Points lost in US-Canadian price difference

Hey guys,

I've noticed that on my past two orders that the amount of points I received when I placed the order was always less than the amount I placed (before taxes). I couldn't figure out how the points added up for the longest time but while looking to place another order today, I noticed that the points add up to the US prices of the products. However, I'm in Canada and pay Canadian prices, and I'm losing points whenever I do an online purchase. Is there a way to get the points missed/will be missed?

Thanks!

FireSpinner

Re: Points lost in US-Canadian price difference

(0) Hearts

yeah that's happened with my past two orders as well. I just made a post each time, a mod answered it and kindly put the appropriate amount of points that were missing, back on my account. :smileyhappy: 

Mkoyanagi

(0) Hearts
I called in and the rep said she couldn't do it and i had to wait a few days for her to get someone to look into it. Now im sure i'm going to get screwed iver for the VIB sale and i am not happy about this. May have to reconsider shopping online if this is occuring...
keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Mkoyanagi, this won't affect your spend total as it is based on the dollar amount spent not the points. :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I'm not from Canada, but I'm pretty sure that for VIB/Rouge status, it still goes be actual amount spent (what you were charged, before taxes), and not points. I know in the US, point totals have no relation to VIB/Rouge status. Sometimes I need my points adjusted if I purchased something at SiJCP, and my amount left to hit VIB was correct, just my points needed to be fixed. 

chellebean

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I called them after I placed an order not too long ago and she told me that it would auto adjust when I received my order, which doesn't make sense to me.. I wish they could do something so that everyone in Canada doesn't lose out on points/go through trouble to get points from every order.

myxducky

(0) Hearts

I don't think it auto adjusts.. I've always had to contact customer service to have my points adjusted. It would be nice if it calculated correctly and we didn't have to get them to adjust it every time though.

kittycarlisle

I emailed customer service about this and was told that "considering our website is a US based site, BI points automatically update in the conversion of US dollars" which I take to mean that all online orders use the US price for points, while if you shop in a Canadian store the BI points are based on the Canadian price.

I was also told by email customer service to call which I'm unsure why this couldn't be resolved via my contact choice of email.

Is there any way to tell how many points were received in an order? I've ordered a fair bit online in October (over 600$) but I'm not sure the points are worth the hassle of calling. I also can't imagine calling after every order to fix the points.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info.. Yeah I know what you mean.  I wish the order would say total and total amount of points earned today.  I mean I know most of the time it will be the same thing but for us could be helpful.

dianabt

Hi there,

Yes a moderator will need to update your accounts for you or you can call us at 1-877-SEPHORA and a phone representative will be happy to do so as well.

Please send me a private message with the purchases and how much you received/are missing if you need anything updated!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
daisydaisies

(0) Hearts

Thank you for this!

dianabt

@veronika23 primarily just Canadian online orders are affected by this and not in store purchases.  I'll be glad to forward your feedback to our Beauty Insider team- I too want to make sure everyone is receiving the correct amount of points. :smileyhappy:

@kitty carlisle I can take a look at your account and will update you with a private message. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thank you Diana :smileyhappy:

veronika23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you!!!! So the difference in points is it only when Canadian do on-line orders or with in store purchase as well? I might have to start tracking my points better.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I think I read in a post that you have to contact a mod or phone in after your order to get that fixed.  I haven't done it yet so I'm not too sure.  I've been placing lots of on-line orders so yes I'd be loosing points too.

daisydaisies

I have also noticed the same thing. It would be great to know if there is a way to fix this!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • veronika23
    • myxducky
    • FireSpinner