designingd

Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacer Kit cause itchy feeling?

(0) Hearts

I just bought this kit and used it last night and this morning. Today my skin is itchy and tingling in the hyperpigmentation and acne scar areas. Does this mean it is working? or is it an allergic reaction? I have never tried a product like this and do not know what to expect.

beautylovingirl

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacer Kit cause itchy feeling?

(0) Hearts

Using a product like this too much is going to make your skin red and itchy and dry. If you haven't used this type of product you need to only use twice a week in the begining and then work your way up as your skin tolerates the product better. I would definitely lay off and for now and try again at a slower rate after your skin recovers.

dianabt

It could be part of the silicone base that may be bothering you, particularly if you have had issues with it in the past.  You may want to look at the Ren GlycoLactic Radiance Renewal mask which is amazing to soften and refine the skin so it is smoother and cleaner- try also the PTR Camu Camu Brightening 30xC serum which is super light weight, helps to brighten the skin and is very gentle and smells yummy.

Ren GlycoLactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C

Peter Thomas Roth - Camu Camu Power C x 30™ Vitamin C Brightening Serum

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi designingd,

I use the items in that kit nearly everyday and while sometimes my skin looks a little red (due to the coloring of the products) your skin shouldn't be itchy or tingly! I would most likely stop using it so you don't damage your skin and just to be on the safe side.  Were you looking for a product to help smooth out the texture of your skin?

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
designingd

(0) Hearts

I was hoping it would fade the redness of acne scars and smooth out the texture/firm up the appearance. I had high hopes because the reviews were so great. I didn't know if I should keep using and see if it gets better - or stop and return it for something else. The other brand I was looking at was ole henriksen's enlighten. 

I've had weird reactions to silicone before so I wondered if that might be what is making my skin itch.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

look into the Dr Dennis Gross A/B pads. But start off slow, just 2x a week and gradually increase use. They are strong, but highly effective 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • designingd