unwell

Perricone or Algernist ?

Hi, 

I am reaching my 50's and have T zone complextion. Of course we all wish for wrinkle reduction, smaller pores, plump youthful looking skin that has a youthful glow. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you in advance 

gogreyhound

Re: Perricone or Algernist ?

I am 49 and changed from Clinique to Algenist a few weeks ago. i love it! My face is smooth, wrinkles are improving, and no breakout like so often happens. I highly recommend it.

rdesigns

Would you be open to other brands?  I love Perricone's Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum (it is one of my favorite products), but I have not had great luck with other Perricone products for perimenopausal/menopausal skin concerns like t-zone oiliness, occasional acne, enlarged pores, fine lines, and loss of fullness (I am 50). The Sub-D is a very nice product, but it is for the jowl area. Your mileage may vary.

I have also tried Algenist, and I honestly felt that it did little for my hormonal skin problems.  My husband tried it also, and he did not feel that it did anything for his skin.  I am sure that some people love it, but we got no benefit from it. Once again, your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately there is a lot of trial and error experimentation at this age because each of us has different hormone level fluctuations, etc.  I have had great luck with Kate Somerville, Skin Ceuticals (they make a line for aging skin with oily/acne problems), Obagi, REN, Amore Pacific, and Shiseido (eye masks and eye cream). 

I doubt that there is one product that works for everyone in this age group with these skin concerns, so I would suggest getting some samples before buying full-sized products to see how your skin reacts.  I cannot tell you how many products I have had to throw in the trash because they either did not work or gave me an adverse reaction!  Best of luck to you :smileyhappy:

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I agree, my favorite brands for anti-aging skincare are Ole Henriksen and Peter Thomas Roth.  I like the Algenist firming eye gel as well.

chelle478

(0) Hearts

Another Perricone fan here too! While I am not a fan of their cleansers, I do love their Intensive Pore Minimizer, Acyl Glutathione Deep Crease Serum, Cold Plasma Sub D,  and Photo Plasma. I have just starated using OVM in the last few days so I won't make any judgements yet.  

I know some of their products are  expensive, but I have found these in particular to be very effective. 

laurabt

Hi unwell,

Both lines are great! However, Perricone has been around longer and has a great reputation for producing results in the antiaging department.  Cold Plasma Sub-D and the new OVM are our top selling products.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

mlmac

(0) Hearts

I use Perricone MD products... cannot speak for the other brand.

So I've been using Perricone's Blue Plasma nightly, the cold plasma eye cream and face (serum/cream), and the sub-d on my neck for the last month.  The results are amazing.  Honestly..... I wear the tiniest bit of mineral foundation now and my skin looks great. 

I also think things like the manuka honey I use as a cleanser/mask, amorepacific treatment enzyme peel, the occasional lush ocean salt and a few other things have been awesome but to provide a long answer to your short question.... I vote for Perricone!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • mlmac
    • chelle478
    • rdesigns
    • laurabt
    • gogreyhound