JinxFox

Perfect SPF for Sensitive, Acne-Prone, Combo Skin

Hi everyone, I really want to start wearing SPF everyday (especially on my face) and am having trouble finding an appropriate product. My skin breaks out/turns red/oily with most SPF products.

I’ve given SPF in powder form a try but I feel like the powder isn't really staying on and protecting my face.

Does anyone know a lightweight stand-alone SPF product that I can add to my skincare routine?

Thanks so much!

dianabt

Re: Perfect SPF for Sensitive, Acne-Prone, Combo Skin

(0) Hearts

Hi JinxFox, 

I like the Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Sunscreen which is light, oil free and gentle while being more natural based. You should try a sample at your local store if you can!

swfupload_2386257533789209119.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/protect-the-truth-vitamin-c-spf-50-sunscreen-P288109?skuId=1342658

Also look at the Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Defense Moisture Lotion with SPF 30 that protects the skin, is lightweight and sheer and protects from harmful UVA and UVB rays.

swfupload_8704993990673626998.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/max-sheer-all-day-defense-moisture-lotion-spf-30-P6563?skuId=373894

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
helpful

(0) Hearts

Dermadoctor Ain't Misbehavin' sunscreen is specifically formulated for your skin type to be used on the face and back. It even helps to mattify! I use it because I have an oily t-zone and think it works great. I let it set for about 2 minutes before I put my foundation on. 

carolang

(0) Hearts

La Roche Posay (sold at CVS but warning it is pricey) makes a high SPF 50 face lotion that is not too heavy - but something that might be worth investigating is their SPF primer - it has a very high SPF - I've only tested it on my hand but I think I might have to get it for summer to wear under make-up or to just help mattefy if I am not wearing make-up! Check them out next time you are at the pharmacy.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • helpful
    • carolang
    • JinxFox
Photos2
  • swfupload_2386257533789209119.jpg
  • swfupload_8704993990673626998.jpg