carolang

Paraben free cool brown/grey contour?

(0) Hearts

So I love NARS Laguna but have recently discovered NARS products/parabens have been triggering a reaction on my cheeks... wah.

I've been trying desperately to find a non-paraben replacement. Looking up the usual suspects... Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium, Dolce and Gabbana blush in Tan, Bobbi Brown bronzer... all have parabens!

I searched bronzers paraben free on the Sephora website and the only matte bronzer that might be a contender is Too Faced Chocolate Soleil... I swatched this today though and it seems orange-y... anyone have any comments or thoughts on that... or how it looks on the face?

I use mostly bareMinerals and Tarte and already have the skinny dip bronzer from BM (better as all over face) and a mini park ave princess (but its sparkly... also not a good contour color - orange-y). I once trialed the high dive on and it ended up looking too red on my skin. Not sure if the deep end would work as contour though?

Thanks!!

Caroline

brennn

Re: Paraben free cool brown/grey contour?

(0) Hearts

Try Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow - a cool grey-brown undertone that creates a very natural looking shadow

http://www.sephora.com/cream-pigment-P284204?skuId=1320951

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Finally - Bare Minerals have some loose eyeshadows that I have always thought would make perfect contouring powder, and I think they are paraben free.  Considering how little you need to use and the fair/generous size they come in, I think it would be reasonable to look into as a last resort.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I also love a cool grey-undertone (no orange! hehe) product for face (just about everywhere)...  I don't know if MAC shadowy is paraben free, but it's what I'm currently using.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Try the darker version of Choco Soliel!?  Less orange!

ry22

(0) Hearts

Hmmm, Park Ave Princess comes in a matte version too

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi carolang,

My first suggestion was going to be the Tarte Park Ave Princess :smileyhappy:  You can also try the Kat Von D Everlasting Bronzer, which is also fantastic & paraben free :smileyhappy:

Kat Von D - Everlasting Bronzer

http://www.sephora.com/everlasting-bronzer-P377540?skuId=1450352

xo, Mia

carolang

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Mia - I did notice that one last night when I was perusing but saw it said shimmer... But I guess Laguna isn't a flat matte either... This shade definitely looks more brown than terracotta... I will go instore and check it out! TY!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ry22
    • miabt
    • brennn
    • carolang
    • Nicrohr