RebeccaLynn1416

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am a 15 year old girl and want to start wearing more make-up??

I only wear eyeliner and since i'm 15 I figured I should be wearing more make up. I am starting my Freshman year in High School and want to wear make up...I'm also going to be new to the school and so I want to make a very good impression.  I have no idea what a 15 year old should be wearing though, because I am a Tom-Boy. So I want some tips/tricks and what types of make up that I should wear.. I want to play up my eyes more. Can y'all help a girl out? Also I would love it if y'all know of good waterproof eyeshadow, eye liner, or mascara... What should a 15 year old be wearing? Thank y'all so much :smileyhappy:

ezinabee

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! I am a 15 year old girl and want to start wearing more make-up??

(0) Hearts

Ooooh, I was in your shoes a couple years ago. If you want to play up your eyes, try the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Liners. They come in a huge rainbow of colors, and the vintage ones are on sale right now for half off ($9.50). 

swfupload_8930071917883414260.jpg

wingatprsct

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! I am a 15 year old girl and want to start wearing more make-up??

(0) Hearts

I know you're new to eyeshadows, but experiment with a deep mossy green shadow in the creases of your eyelid, i.e. Urban Decay in Mildew.  The way you described your eye color, I could see it making your eyes pop!s1402759-main-hero.jpg

RebeccaLynn1416

(0) Hearts

I have brown eyes, they have an amber/orangey yellowy color to them as well..

jellybean917

What color eyes do you have? Certain eyeshadows can enhance your eye color. For example, I have hazel eyes and purple eyeshadows really make them pop.

Also, dolceloure's mascara recommendations are awesome. If I don't have any time to put on makeup, the one thing I'll do is quickly curl my lashes and swipe on mascara.

Makeup is supposed to be fun! Buy a couple of eyeshadow palettes and play with them (when you don't have to be anywhere). High school can be tough, but wear the makeup that makes you feel confident and makes you feel like you. <3

dolceloure

Well, I don't think there's really a specific amount of makeup that a 15 yr old should or shouldn't be wearing...just whatever you're comfortable with! When I was in high school (and I've always been as girly as a girl could be) I think I only ever wore eye liner and lip gloss, and maybe the occasional eye shadow.

My own advice would be to bask in the glory of your youthful skin and not cover it up with foundation and stuff unless you actually feel the need for it (like on those acne days...) and maybe just stick to some basic eye makeup and lip color. You said you're a tom boy, so my guess is you might be shy about wearing anything super bright, or pinks/reds? If that's the case, try some neutral shades that aren't too far away from your natural pigmentation.

I don't know too much about waterproof products, but eye makeup I can recommend:

Any Stila 10-color palette -- I LOVE them b/c they're great quality, comes with eye liner (also very good), as well as a tutorial on how to create different looks. I love those tutorials b/c I'm a bit of an amateur with eye shadow app, haha.

Be a Bombshell eyeliner -- while I love the liner that comes with those Stila palettes, I absolutely adore BaB eyeliner b/c it never creases. This isn't sold at Sephora though.

I'm honestly not very picky about my mascaras -- I'll try anything -- but I *always* wear it over this lash plumping serum by Dior b/c it always seems to enhance whatever mascara I'm wearing and make my lashes look longer. Tarte has a similar lash primer that's a bit cheaper:

Come to think of it, I actually rather like Tarte mascaras. I forgot that I've used them before, lol.

Anyway, hope you got something useful out of this post. Being the new kid is always a bit scary -- I've been there a few times myself. But just be yourself -- it's less stressful that way -- and you'll fall into a rhythm in no time (both socially and in terms of makeup, :smileywink: ) Good luck!!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi RebeccaLynn1416, you can view advice to a similar question here > http://bit.ly/127nd1N

For waterproof eye products, I recommend these:

Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow, Collie

Buxom Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow.jpg
http://bit.ly/13b9Kwp

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara.jpghttp://bit.ly/127nBgE

Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner, 08 Brown

SC Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner.jpghttp://bit.ly/1ajRmDf

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats