Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

I'm wondering what the order of the various titles is. I'm a newcomer which is pretty self explanatory but the other ones seems kind of random. Which is the highest and how are they achieved.

What's the scoop?

Re: Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

Ahhhhh, I see now! I did lurk for some time before making my first post. You are brilliant!

(0) Hearts

@knuevekm

Thanks.  Killahbabe brings a good theory to the table, so she is looking pretty brilliant herself.

[ Edited ]

@knuevekm - Maybe it only happens if **notcreaative** is the one who gets you to 400 hearts :smileytongue: (or 399 in **choco's** case :smileywink:)

I do wish I remember when it happened for me and I hope you are soon a HOF too. :smileyhappy:

I'm often the exception to many rules......I like to think of us as Rebel Rouges! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

@kssweetheart  I wish I had that kind of power.  I would definitely assign HOF to users who deserve it.  I got choco to 401 before she crossed over.  She probably did it right at 400, but I got overzealous and assigned one too many I guess (or someone else gave her one during my efforts).  If she was down to 399 by the time she looked, a thread got deleted or someone deducted two hearts.

haha "rebel rouges". That should totally be a title! :smileyhappy:

Me as well, I just got it at around 750 hearts! 

@Teresaanne92, You have 24 pages of posts.  I had to move through 16 pages before I hit the 3 month mark.  You earned 400 hearts in less than 3 months, so you fit my theory.  If you earn them in less than 3 months, I have no clue how titles are awarded.  I have not deduced that yet.

I don't exactly remember when I was promoted but yes it was somewhere close to 400 hearts. I'm a statistician so I'm so loving your hypothesis and how you are collecting data to prove it true...All your points are very logical to me,If random sampling gives you close results every time then the theory is deemed to be true the exceptions are not impossible but rare.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@fatimamummy

I have yet to see an exception, which leads me to believe the theory is true.  I am still claiming it is a theory at this point though.  My Stats professor tried to get me to switch my major when I was a sophomore in college.  He said I had a mind for it.  At the time, I used to work for and sometimes babysit for a Doctor who was married to one.  He told me not to switch.  I thought about it and stuck with my major.

My husband has the same degree I do, but he does a lot of statistical analysis and data reconfiguration for his job, which encompasses a whole lot of other stuff too.  He always jokes that people should just call him Chandler Bing.  I rarely work anymore, but I did start working again last Monday.  I get projects assigned on a whim, but I have not done any stat work in a long time.  Although, I have used a little bit of statistics when conducting a cost benefit analysis.  I am sure your skills far outweigh mine.  

Thank you.

I made it around the 1000 heart mark give or take. I made rouge, 1000 hearts and HOF within days of each other. It was quite surreal. :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

@jozkid, You also earned 400 hearts in less than 3 months (you have even more pages in your 3 month mark than the user above).  This still fits the theory.

I was a little past the 1000 mark. I had been on BT for about 6 months and was pretty active, plus had plenty of product reviews. It seems completely random, honestly. I'd love to know the algorithm that goes into the whole thing.

[ Edited ]

@jellybean917.  You definitely earned 400 hearts in less than 3 months, so you also fit my theory.  

It does seem completely random for people who earn 400 hearts within 3 months of the first post.  If there is an answer, I have not figured it out yet.  It is way too confusing.

The scientist in you! :smileyhappy:

Further busting....

Lari and kb both have oodles of hearts, posts and reviews and are still not HOF yet. :smileysad:

[ Edited ]

That also fits my theory.  I do not even have to look at kb and Lari, because I know them well.  They post a lot, and earned way more than 400 hearts in 3 months.  I am researching this for everyone but have yet to see an account that busts my theory.  

When multiple users take more than 3 months to get to 400 but do not hit HOF, that would be a possible theory buster.  A single one (which I have yet to see) could be an outlier or exception.  Since I have counted numerous people who get to 400 slower than 3 months hit HOF at 400, I am not ready to concede the theory yet.  Also, every one of you on this thread who did not hit HOF at 400 hearts got that amount in less than 3 months.  In my opening statement, I explained that I have not figured out the method for those who earn hearts fast.

The takeaway here is the super active and helpful users are penalized with a long time of lower titles.  If I see someone on the verge of 400 with less than 3 months of posting, I try not to assign what I call the death heart.  Death of early HOF.

Keep in mind that at this point I am *certain* of this theory, but it is only a theory.  

**The Death Heart** — BT goes Star Wars!

We're the "forever doomed" hahaha. Just like Shiny was!

image.jpg

Wish I could heart this post several times! :smileyhappy:

*Invader Zim ftw! :smileyhappy: *

(0) Hearts

That's my favourite show! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • kcs_cdfb382d.png
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg