DarkCloud

Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

I'm wondering what the order of the various titles is. I'm a newcomer which is pretty self explanatory but the other ones seems kind of random. Which is the highest and how are they achieved.

What's the scoop?

notcreative

Re: Order of titles (newcomer, beauty maven)

[ Edited ]

Just check the users' first post date before you pass on the favor.  If their first post was less than 3 months earlier, you could doom them to a long time with a lower title.  

chocopudding

Aye aye!!!!

emmy89

Omg how did you ever figured that out? Hahaha I can't believe it really worked! So far I thought it was basically about how long it's been since you've joined the community! But it seems like at some point you can only progress if you have a certain numbers of hearts? In this case 400 is the minimum you need to become a HOF after you've been a member for a while?

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I just tracked the movements for a while.  Then, I looked into accounts that received HOF at 400 and the ones who did not.  Those who did get HOF at 400, reached the status when their first post was over 3 months ago.  The ones who reached 400 in less than 3 months follows no pattern I can discern.  If I figure it out, I will share.

yenx

kcs_cdfb382d.png*clap* *clap*

notcreative

If this is for me (BT does not always post in the correct order, so it appears under my post) thank you.  If it is for Choco, I am proud for her too.  I liked her from the beginning.

If it is for both of us, double thank you.

For everyone who is happy to have a working theory, I am sure there is another user hoping to disprove it.  We'll see over time if it holds up.

chocopudding

I just read the bunch of posts following this, and I floored by your ability to identify the pattern of BT statuses in this sea of a forum.

As a research graduate student, I salute your ingenuity!

notcreative

[ Edited ]

I just hope anyone else who posts I am wrong looks at their own account first.  It would be too time consuming to check for everyone, but I do not mind looking at ones that are very close.  It could actually help me figure out the exact period, as I am uncertain if it is right at 3 months or 3 months plus a little.  I *know* it is less than four months though.  The ones who obviously earned 400 hearts in less than 3 months took less than a minute to discover though.  I was going to try to work a little, but my OCD made me look at each of their accounts.  Partially, because I was too impatient to see if someone was indeed disproving my theory but also because I hate being told I am wrong unless I truly am (of course, it is still just a theory, so I could be wrong.  No one has proven it yet though).

Thank you.

chocopudding

Hehe...I am wondering how many 'data points' notcreative has to reach this conclusion. :smileywink: 

notcreative

Statistical significance under 30 is irrelevant, so I kept my theory to myself until I looked at quite a few users.  Yes, I am a data nerd.

Zpsid91

That's what happened to me too...I've been a member for awhile, but when I reached 400 i got HOF - notcreative pointed it out to me too :smileyhappy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

@Zpsid91, I checked your start date too before I assigned your 400th heart.  I did not want to be responsible to locking you into a lower title.  I was happy when it crossed over.  Congrats again.

Zpsid91

Thank you again! Just so everyone knows, I signed up quite awhile ago and made maybe one post (?), then was not active for a loooong time. When I became active again I slowly made my way up to 400 hearts - thanks to notcreative - and made HOF

notcreative

(0) Hearts

@zpsid91

You're welcome.  You would have made it there without me probably the next day, so I cannot take any credit.  I was just happy to congratulate you.  I had the same scenario as you.  One post in July of 2013, then active posting starting in March of 2014.

chocopudding

We-ll-ll....technically I only have 399 hearts right now. :smileywink:

notcreative

You had 401 when I crossed you over.  My guess is that a thread got deleted or someone purposely deducted hearts they assigned to you.  Either way, you made it before that happened.  Like the previous user, I think you have time to earn them back up before you get demoted.

chocopudding

Ah...I see I see. Well, I have over 400 hearts, a good chunk due to this thread alone. ^^;

knuevekm

I feel bad doing this, but I am an example that busts notcreative's theory.

I have been visiting this site for a little less than a year. I built my hearts up slowly over that time. I am currently at 570 hearts but no HOF title.

haha there is always an exception to the rule! :smileywink:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

@knuevekm, Your first post was 01-27-14.  You earned your 400th heart on 04-14-14.  It was less than three months.  You fit my theory.

knuevekm

Ahhhhh, I see now! I did lurk for some time before making my first post. You are brilliant!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

@knuevekm

Thanks.  Killahbabe brings a good theory to the table, so she is looking pretty brilliant herself.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 151 replies
  • 347 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • kssweetheart
    • lucyshnoosy
    • Missie772
    • LadyInWhite
    • kittichick