vngars

On the lookout for a NEW FOUNDATION!

Hey ladies!

So, I am looking for a new foundation and I don't even know where to begin! I was hoping to get some input on what your favorite foundations are?

I think I want a medium to full coverage foundation, and probably in matte. My first foundation was Bare Minerals powder foundation, and I really didn't like it because it was too sheer for me. It didn't really cover anything, and I really want one that will help even my skin tone. 

Next I moved on to Smashbox BB cream, and I still use it as my foundation. Then I just layer my bareMinerals multi tasking concealer, varying bronzer and blush over it. That has been a good combo for me, but I'd like to try something new. The BB cream is great, but I think I'd better try to stop using it all over my face everyday. 

Anyone have any foundations they would like to recommend? I have fairly normal skin, and the occasional breakout, but usually it's just a matter of evening out my skintone.

Thanks for reading!! :smileyhappy: 

Quinnzzz

Re: On the lookout for a NEW FOUNDATION!

(0) Hearts

The so far best matte foundation I used is Make up forever HD. Love it during the summer because it has relatively great oil control and gives a neat matte finish. Coverage is pretty decent, too. But when my skin is in the worst condition I still need it to pair with concealor. I had a Smashbox BB cream before the MUF, I think MUF has better performance.:smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

a great medium to full coverage foundation that is matte, controls oil and stays i nplace all day is Estee Lauder Double Wear.  The formula isnt thick, so it doesnt go on cakey, but has amazing coverage!

missfawnie

(0) Hearts

I would highly recommend you check out MUFE's Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. This was suggested to me by a SA when I had asked for a medium-full foundation back in February, and I fell in love. 

This foundation has an amazing finish, great coverage and is wonderfully buildable. It lasts through my long 15 hour days, which is a must for any foundation I use. Their color selection is also really great- so you should be able to find a match for whatever shade you are.

I have since switched over to light-medium foundation, but I still keep a bottle of this around; I really loved this stuff. :smileyhappy:

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Vngars,

My favorite foundations at the moment are Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation, and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation.  They both have a natural flawless finish and photograph beautifully!  :smileyhappy: -Laura

DTalksAll

My new obsession is the Ardency Inn custom coverage. You mix it with your water based moisturizer or primer and get sheer-full coverage depending on how much you use. It's awesome! 

I'm also a huge fan of cream/liquid to powder formulas because I don't have to set it with setting powder. Great time saver! 2 of my favorites are the Dior Airflash (repurchased many times) & Hourglass Immaculate. For the Dior I prefer to spray it on a brush, then buff it on & go over it with a damp beauty blender to even it out, but I don't always need the last step. The hourglass sets quickly, so as long as I work fast in small sections applying it with my fingers, I don't need a sponge.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

I know you mentioned you used BareMineral's Original Forumla. That was my old foundation. I too, was looking for a new foundation after using BM for about three years. It just didn't give me enough coverage and I was starting to dislike it. 

Have you tried their READY foundation? I switched to that, and it's a LOT better. The key with the READY foundation is that you have to buy the reccomended angled foundation brush, which is big, lush and really gives INCREDIBLE coverage. 

Take a look at READY before moving onto another brand. I personally won't wear their Orignal formula myself, but I reccomend READY to all my lady friends in search of a great, silky powder foundation :smileyhappy:

evno

I recommend Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation! It really looks like your skin once it's on, but it covers up major blemishes. It's not really full-coverage (like costume makeup), but on the high end of medium coverage. PIus, natural ingredients!

Second rec would be the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. It's definitely as matte as matte goes, so make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before applying. Also, the liquid to powder transformation happens pretty fast, so apply quickly and blend a lot before it sets. It's medium to full coverage (buildable). 

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I agree with the Tarte foundation.  I also really like Tarte's BB cream, and use that as foundation also.  Other brands I like are Dior and Sephora brand microsmooth powder.

kariyava

(0) Hearts

If you mainly want to even out your skintone, have you thought about a CC cream?  I like Stila's: http://www.sephora.com/cc-color-correcting-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-20-P381711?skuId=1531185.  It has good coverage, and semi-matte finish.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • marydiva
    • vngars
    • DesertRose0706
    • evno