designingd

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum OR Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough

(0) Hearts

I need help deciding which one to try. My skin is oily, and I have several discolorations from acne scars and hormonal melasma. Noticing loss of firmness, which exaggerates the acne scar texture. My skin is also very sensitive, ingredients like silicone cause tiny white bumps and all over itchy feeling.Some fragrances turn my skin red and irritated.

I would like to try a new serum. I love Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, and would like to find something at Sephora similiar to that. I've tried Clinique's Repairwear, and while it is gentle I just didn't see any results. Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free was way to harsh, I had an all over itchy feeling and white bumps from it (probably the silicone.) I currently use Clinique's Acne System kit and a Retinol product from Neutrogeana.

So should I try:

Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders kit - Truth Serum, Invigorating Night Gel
, Sheer Transformation

OR

Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough

Thanks for your advice!

designingd

Re: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum OR Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough

I went with Ole Henriksen. Thank you all for helping me decide!

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I hope you love it as much as I do!

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Are you looking for a night or day serum? Philosophy is a retinol cream which should be used at night. The Truth Serum is a Vitamin C serum which is best used in the morning to help fight off free radicals. 

I prefer the PTR retinol fusion PM to the Philosophy. I alternate it with the invigorating night gel (every other night, or just 2x a week for the retinol & invigorating night gel the rest) and use the truth serum every morning. 

*** Edit, just realized I was talking about Philosophy help me & not when hope is not enough, sorry. 

I tried when hope is not enough years ago & it gave me more white heads & milia then I had before. 

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I also would vote for Ole Henriksen.  The three little wonders does a better job of controlling my acne than any other product.  Also, I found the scent of Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough to be unpleasant.  

Oh I just realized...occasionally, Sephora will carry a small $35 trial kit of the 3 little wonders. :smileyhappy: It's enough product to last 3-4 weeks, which was enough time to see a difference for me, and it's what got me hooked.  I don't know if they carry it now, but Ole Henriksen . com carries it all the time as do several online stores like skinstore .com and others.  

You might try that if you're not ready to commit to the full kit.  

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

I haven't had any experience with Philosophy but I LOVE Ole Henriksen. First of all, the Three Little Wonders kit is a great buy. You really save a lot of $$$.  Secondly, they work. I have combo/oily acne prone skin and I noticed a difference within one day of use. My skin just looked better some how. After continued use: my blackheads have started to clear up, my complexion is more even/brighter, my acne is better, my skin is softer, everything is just better overall. Everyone's skin is different so I would recommend getting some samples if you can.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • DTalksAll
    • catherineu2
    • designingd