bleuorchid21

Oily Scalp?

I am one of those people who has an oily scalp but more normal hair. I need to wash my hair daily as it gets shiny and oily and also goes limp and loses body. I have tried many different shampoos and conditioners to remedy this but nothing helps. I have also tried dry shampoo but again, that doesn't do anything for me.

I think I have excess sebum (as if I feel my scalp, white does appear but it isn't dandruff).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

DTalksAll

Re: Oily Scalp?

(0) Hearts

I get those oily patches on my scalp during the winter time. 

The Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion spray did wonders for my scalp. It has Tea Tree oil in it, which is drying & will counteract the oil. After my hair is towel dries & I've combed through it with a wide toothed comb, I try to spray it as close to my scalp as possible & massage it in for a few minutes. It doesn't leave a residue & helps add a little volume. It seriously changed my life! 

http://www.sephora.com/tonic-lotion-P280530?skuId=1270305

I never tried it, but I did hear good things about the Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo. 

Another option is to incorporate a weekly Apple Cider Vinegar wash. Just mix a little in a bowl with warm water & soak your head it in. Then pour the rest over your scalp, massage it in & rinse with cool water (no shampoo or conditioner after). 

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Bleuorchid21,

I know how you feel! I have to wash my hair every day or else it gets really oily. Try using a clarifying shampoo, its been a life saver! It removes build up and hard water minerals. Since it removes build up, it helps add volume.

sunday.jpg

Try also using a dry shampoo on your roots or bangs if you have them!

caviar.jpg

<3 Melissa
bleuorchid21

Thanks for the response :smileyhappy:

I am currently using Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and it is alright but my scalp still manages to get oily. I tried the RedKen one as well but had to return it because it didn't do anything for me and was so watery.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I honestly tried that Suave one, it did nothing, in fact I think it made it worse. Trust me the quality of the Bumble and Bumble Sunday is so much better. Also, its really concentrated which means a bottle will last you awhile:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • bleuorchid21
Photos2
  • sunday.jpg
  • caviar.jpg