Rayna06

No results at all from PR 40% triple acid peel! help!!!!

so yesterday i tried a sample of this peel that i was given at a sephora store. i followed all the instructions completely and afterwards i felt like nothing happened. so i figured maybe i would try again and just leave it on until i felt tingling (my skin is apparently way stronger than i thought). so i tried the peel just now again and instead of leaving it on for 2 minutes it must have been on at least 5 minutes longer than that and absolutely no stinging or burning. i just took it off and threw what little was left in that sample jar away because it must have been defective. i was given the sample from the old packaging where it had like a dropper and bottle as opposed to these new little ampules (vials) that aren’t exposed to the air. maybe because it was exposed it was deactivated or something cause it didn’t do a single thing. do you think what i used was defective? i'm really surprised because i normally use the dr. dennis gross alpha beta peels extra strength daily and notice and feel results immediately, and i thought this peel would be stronger yet i feel like i'm wasting my time. anyone have a similar experience? am i doing something wrong? i'm literally so confused.

btmod2

Re: No results at all from PR 40% triple acid peel! help!!!!

(0) Hearts

Hi Rayna06,

The Peter Thomas Roth 40% Triple Acid Peel is a product designed to work over time. I think if you use this product over a period of time, you will see results. If you are looking for something that delivers results right away, then I suggest sticking with the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels if you know that they work well for you. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

BeautyLove02

(0) Hearts

I'm sorry it didn't work for you...but at least you didn't waste your money on it and got to try it first, I guess. I read an article in Allure magazine (this month or last month's) and it said that AHAs are supposed to tingle or they're not effective. Is that what a peel is? I've never used one because I'm afraid of the "purge" everyone talks about with these kinds of products..

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I really miss the Brazillian peel... they were pricey but worked really good. 

Rayna06

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

this peel has TCA, glycolic and salicylic acid in it. so i don't know if any of that is supposed to tingle but i'm just stumped.

doriangray

Go back to the DDG.  It's hard to argue with improved skin with every use.  

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

i definitely will! these were just samples i was using i was just really dumbfounded that they didn't live up to the hype

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

i just used it again, so twice in 12 hours and still nothing! i think the only thing is that it makes my skin softer, but doesn't help with my pores at all! i don't really have wrinkles or that bad of an uneven skin tone so i'm more interested to see if it'll do what it says for helping enlarged pores. but the fact that it's supposed to be used up to 2 times in a week and i've used it 3 times in the past 48 hours really says that this product does not work. thank goodness all i'm using are samples because i would be furious if i bought this!

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Aren't you supposed to give peels, treatments, serums... time to work? It's rare to see results after one facial at the spa, which use stronger ingredients & are recommended to do as part of a series. 

You also can't physically shrink pores. 

I've used the DDG A/B extra strength pads, and I didn't start to see results until about a month in, and they were very subtle. I never got a tingle from DDG, actually I rarely get a tingle from any product. 

I think you may be expecting too much of a product that isn't physician strength. 

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

i know you can't shrink them permanently but you can make them look smaller temporarily. and i was wondering because i saw immediate results with the DDG peel and not this one which is supposed to be higher grade.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

You are not alone. I want to return mine. I think this was a waste of time and money for me. I have gotten better results with other products. I really see no difference using this. 

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

i'm glad i'm not alone!

rdesigns

Not all peels need to "tingle" to produce results, that seems to be a point of confusion for many.  I have been using this peel for about a month, and I am very happy with it.  I don't feel any "tingling" either, but it has made my skin brighter and clearer.  There was an article recently in one of the women's magazines about peels that produce excellent results but do not irritate the skin while doing so.

Rayna06

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

but how do i know if there are results if i feel nothing? all i noticed was that my face felt smoother but then again it feels that way with the DDG peels i usually do. it's just hard for me to believe that a professional grade peel such as the PTR one wouldn't deliver :/

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I didn't notice anything from my sample (one of the ampules) either, but I was wondering if maybe it needs to be used for a few weeks before seeing results.  I used the DDG extra strength peels before and noticed a significant improvement in my skin within about 2 weeks.  I reluctantly stopped using them because they were so expensive. I tried the PTR unwrinkle pads because they had a great sale on them in December, but my skin isn't smooth like it was with the DDG peels, yet I also can't use them everyday because if I do my skin starts to get sensitive and it burns quite a bit.  I never had a problem using the DDG extra strength peels everyday, so I feel like the PTR unwrinkle pads are irritating my skin and not really delivering any improvements. Maybe they just don't work for our skin type?

Tonight I decided to add back in my normal Ole Henriksen routine to see if the combination of products can improve my skin.  I think I was using the Ole products with the DDG peels, so perhaps that's the key for me. 

Rayna06

(0) Hearts

You didn't feel any tingle or stinging with the PTR peel? I'm so surprised. Definitely go back to the DDG ones, I do 5 days on 2 days off with them and the $86 35 treatment pack lasts me 7 weeks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • DTalksAll
    • jojobe
    • kso1225
    • doriangray
    • rdesigns