taketheroses

New Origins Skincare help :)

(0) Hearts

I'm looking to switch up my skincare routine and I've heard such great things about Origins. I have dry skin skin, since my skin feels tight after cleansing and sometimes throughout the day. However I still have an oily t-zone, which used to confuse me when trying to figure out what products to try since I thought I was combination as well. Still trying to figure things out :smileyhappy:

Right now I'm cleansing my skin with REN's Clear Calm clarifying cleanser and moisturizing with Josie Maran's Daily Moisturizer. I do like Josie Maran products, especially her Argan Oil. And I always add a drop or two to my moisturizer but I still feel that it's not hydrating enough. I was interested in trying Origins Make a Difference + (their moisturizer and rejuvenating treatment. I was also interested in trying their Night - A- Mins night cream to help my skin as well.

Would there be any other products from Origins I should try out? I don't know if I would like to switch brands since my skin is sensitive.

Thanks so much!

Jackie

jellybean917

Re: New Origins Skincare help :)

(0) Hearts

Looks like you've got your cleanser covered. REN is a good brand. I'm thinking of purchasing a serum that I have a sample of from REN. Anyway, I have the Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser by Dr. Weil, and love it. Redness is a big problem of mine, and this cleanser is so calming.

As for other Origins products, I've tried the Plantscription SPF 25 Anti-Aging Oil-Free Cream, and it made me break out. So did the Mega-Mushroom Serum, which is weird because the cleanser is awesome. Also from the Mega-Mushroom line, I have a sample of the Soothing Face Cream and it seems good so far.

From Origins, I also use the GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream. A little goes a long way, and it brightens the undereye area. I'm on the lookout for something better though. My dark circles are proving very combative :-(

Like all skincare, it's hit or miss with products. I hope my Origins experience helps! <3

taketheroses

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your response, and yes it did! I would really be interested in trying out out the Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Face Cleanser you mentioned. While I do really love my Ren cleanser, I am always wanting and willing to try new things :smileyhappy: I would recommend the Clear Calm line from Ren, since I too have sensitive and sometimes acne prone skin and it is such a nice cleanser to use :smileyhappy:

Random, but I like Sephora's new method of liking things on their website. It makes it so easy to find and essentially "heart" something that you guys mention that way it's easier to see as a list in my favorites :smileyhappy: 

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I am head over heels in love with the Origins Plantscription Eye Treatment.  It is my HG eye cream.  I recommend getting a sample from origins or sephora that will give you a good week or two worth of application. that way you could try it out and see without buying it.  I found this product this way and went and bought it a week later.

I also like A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea.

waterbaby1981

something else you could try out is the A Perfect World White Tea Guardian for a serum.  It feels thick, but it sinks in quickly.  For more hydration, Clinique Moisture Surge gel/cream is excellent for your whole face (especially when it's HOT in the summer-put it in the fridge!) or Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000 serum.  I have really fair sensitive skin and both of these products have never bothered it.

taketheroses

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely try sample of those products you mentioned the next time I'm in Sephora :smileyvery-happy:

janinebt

Hi taketheroses,

Well from one combination skin girl to another I can assure you that Orgins is an excellent line. Night-A-Mins is my favorite new addition to my skincare line for 2013. It hydrates the skin without leaving you feeling greasy or heavy in the morning. It's so quenching that I can usually get away with just wearing a light moisturizer during the AM.

I would recommend just keeping your routine and try adding Night-A-Mins as a starting point to see if your skin agrees with it. You may not have to do much tweaking after that :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
taketheroses

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I will definitely start out trying the Night-A-Mins, I'm sure it will help my skin wonders! :smileyvery-happy:

aviscardi

I love night a mins!   I'm combo too and in the winter I was a little more dry so I would add it after my Clinique to the drier areas.  I even still use it now around my nose since my allergies have been crazy. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • waterbaby1981
    • taketheroses
    • aviscardi
    • janinebt
    • roxystar4
    • jellybean917