Alapharah

New Face Routine For Oily Skin: Cleanser, Day & Night Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

I currently have oily skin and have acne during hormonal cycles on my forehead. My nose, cheeks, and chin are acne free but oily all over. I used to use Aveeno products but found that they were not working for me so i felt i needed to graduate from drugstore products.

I have been trying out Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleansing, Origins Zero Oil moisturizer, and Origins High Potency Night-a-mins at night. All of this seems to be helping out my skin, but i am concerned about product ingredients.

I would like a cleanser, a day and night moisturizer that is:

non-comedegenic

hypoallergenic

Nuetral pH

oil-free

Natural

Soap-free

Fragrance-free

Sulfate & Paraben free

I'm not sure if Origins is free from all the above. I was also considering Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser and Korres Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer or just going the cheap simple route and using Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash. I hear good things about Cetaphil from many people.

I would appreciate advice. Thank you very much.

valentinamia

Re: New Face Routine For Oily Skin: Cleanser, Day & Night Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

I suffer the same skin problems that you do and my dermatologist recently gave me a sample of the Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and the matching moisturizer and I really wasn't a fan... I felt like the wash didn't even clean my skin and the moisturizer was so drying that it made my skin produce even more oil! But I do like other Cetaphil products! I use their daily moisturizer SPF 15 everyday and as for a nighttime moisturizer I really like CeraVe PM.  CeraVe also has a few really nice cleansers! Anyways... hope this helped and happy hunting!!

Alapharah

(0) Hearts

Hi Valentinamia! Thank you for the help! A few of my friends have dermatologists and reccommend the same. Hopefully i'm not choosing the wrong route by purchasing pricier products as listed. I'm currently trying out Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser with my Clarisonic. If this doesn't work out, i will definitely try CeraVe's cleansers. Thanks again for the advice! Very helpful (:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

I think Origins or the Korres would be good for you- The Origins will be good to reduce oil but the Korres is a gel-cream format so it will help balance out your skin if you have any dry parts as well. :smileyhappy: Origins is a favorite line of mine so I suggest you try it!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Alapharah

(0) Hearts

Thank you Diana! You've helped so much. I appreciate it!

dianabt

Hello!

You definitely CAN use the same moisturizer for day and night, wearing an SPF at nighttime won't harm your skin at all. :smileyhappy: If you have super dry or dehydrated skin then a night cream will help but I tend to wear my same spf-free moisturizers for day AND night so it's really a personal preference.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Alapharah

(0) Hearts

Great to know!

Now i am at a pull between:

Origins Zero Oil Moisturizer

Boscia Daily Hydration

Boscia Clear Complexion Moisturizer

and Korress Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer

My skin is very oily and i get acne during hormonal cycles only. I guess i am more concerned with my oiliness and slight uneven skintone from scne scars from time to time.

What would you suggest out of these?

Much thanks!

Alapharah

(0) Hearts

Oh i am also currently using the Clarisonic once a week as well. A cleanser that will go with it will be helpful. Also, being new the Clarisonic, how many times a week should i be using it?

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Alapharah,

I'd suggest you look at Boscia or Korres as both are slightly more natural in ingredients that you are looking for. I cannot be sure honestly if each meets your requirements but if you have very sensitive skin, Boscia will be your best most natural option for the least amount of irritation.

Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser

Clear Complexion Cleanser

Oil Free Daily Hydration

Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

Oil Free Nightly Hydration

Oil-Free Nightly Hydration

Boscia Clear Complexion Kit is a great way to try a variety of items to treat your skin as well!

Boscia - Clear Complexion Kit

With the Clarisonic, I usually suggest every other day or usually 2 to 3 times a week so you are not being too harsh or abrasive on your skin and over exfoliating it.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Alapharah

(0) Hearts

Hi Diana!

Thank you so much for the advice. This is all very helpful!

I have considered Boscia. I'm aware that stepping up from drugstore products will be pricier for the quality, but i eventually decided to step away from Boscia because it's too pricey for my budget, especially since the amount of product is not much either.

If i am concerned about budget, should i find a moisturizer to use for both day and night? Or should they be separate for separate purposes?

Thanks again!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • valentinamia
    • Alapharah