lwgirl

New Cleanser

Can someone recommend a cleanser that is gentle on sensitive, dry skin but that helps keep the occasional breakout at bay? I've tried Cetaphil (skin didn't agree with the SLS) and Cereve was just ok. I was thinking about getting a sample of Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel. Thoughts? Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: New Cleanser

(0) Hearts

You could also check out Kate Somerville's daily detox cleanse very gentle but will give you a fresh soft feel after using it. Hope this helps!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

You could try purpose cleanser.  It's really gentle, and it has kept my breakouts under control for the most part.  My dermatologist recommended it.

Bonus, it's a drugstore product so comparatively it's really cheap.

lwgirl

(0) Hearts

Hi Keelybt- Will this one help with the occasional breakout (i.e. give me a deep clean)?

keelybt

(0) Hearts

It will thoroughly cleanse your skin.  It depends why you are breaking out.  If it's a hormonal breakout, they may still occur.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Lwgrl If your skin is dry, I would recommend the Soothing Cleansing Cream.  It is super gentle and won't dry out your skin.

swfupload_4938430647989073288.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/soothing-cleansing-cream-P61203?skuId=1227875

lwgirl

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, I had the worst breakout ever with FAB's cleaner!

arielaaaaaaaa

I agree, Bummer. And as a little tip of advice, Because your skin has occasional breakouts, i think you should focus more on finding one that suits your sensitive/dry skin, and you should try a spot treatment when you do get a breakout.

michmo

(0) Hearts

aww, what a bummer.  It's been very gentle and easy on my skin, but everyone is different.  Hopefully the other thread will lead you to more options.  

michmo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Definitely check out the thread Arielaaaaaaaa (not sure if I got all the a's in there) mentioned.  

I always recommend First Aid Beauty's line.  It is gentle but effective.  

arielaaaaaaaa

Hi @Iwgirl, there is a current thread going on where everyone is sharing different opinions on cleansers, check it out, the Boscia one you mentioned is in it. 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Cleansers/td-p/567291

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • beautylovingirl
    • lwgirl
    • michmo