Answer
hopiwatergirl
Accepted Solution
Need some feedback on Murad T-Zone Products. Please & Thank You

I am wanting to get some feedback on the Murad T-Zone pore refining gel and the Complex Oil-Control Mattifier. I have combination skin and tend to get really oily in the T-Zone. I have tried all the primers, finishing powders, oil botting sheets so I'm wondering if I need to address it on a skin deep level.  I use the Acne Clarifiying cleanser so I love that it cleared my skin up and I have very very resilient skin. So if you can point me in the right direction or any suggestions that you may have please let me know. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
lylysa
Answered

The oil control mattifying lotion is amazing from Murad! Though the texture does take a bit to get used to, it really delivers results! It feels a bit on the thicker, tackier side, almost like glue, but work with mixing it on finger tips first to make it a bit easier to spread and then apply it to your face.

Another great mattifying lotion is Peter Thomas Roth's Clini-Matte lotion. The texture isn't as thick as the Murad one, but it has a nice finish and is light weight.

The T-Zone gel is kind of up in the air for me as pore size is based on genetics and there's not much you can do to actually shrink the size, you can just minimize the look of your pores by keeping them clean and unclogged, making them less noticeable. The ingredients in the gel work to unclog pores so it can work in that aspect, but there's all sorts of refining products like beta hydroxy washes, beta hydroxy pads, and toners that can all help in that factor. Peter Thomas Roth's Correction Pads (also comes in a gentle formula) would be my first suggestion to check out, they're great in the mornings to freshen skin and help with providing clarity to the skin.

Answers: 1
beautylovingirl
Answered

You should go with the T-zone gel and the skin perfecting lotion blemish prone/oily skin. Both of these together minimize pores and that will reduce the oil and all work in combination with the acne clarifiying cleanser your already using, and I have to say it's very smart for you to choose your products like you are, oily skin can be frustrating and people tend to want to pile 50 products on top of each other and that only makes oily skin worse. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • hopiwatergirl