Answer
hopiwatergirl
Accepted Solution
Need some feedback on Murad T-Zone Products. Please & Thank You

I am wanting to get some feedback on the Murad T-Zone pore refining gel and the Complex Oil-Control Mattifier. I have combination skin and tend to get really oily in the T-Zone. I have tried all the primers, finishing powders, oil botting sheets so I'm wondering if I need to address it on a skin deep level.  I use the Acne Clarifiying cleanser so I love that it cleared my skin up and I have very very resilient skin. So if you can point me in the right direction or any suggestions that you may have please let me know. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lylysa
Answered

The oil control mattifying lotion is amazing from Murad! Though the texture does take a bit to get used to, it really delivers results! It feels a bit on the thicker, tackier side, almost like glue, but work with mixing it on finger tips first to make it a bit easier to spread and then apply it to your face.

Another great mattifying lotion is Peter Thomas Roth's Clini-Matte lotion. The texture isn't as thick as the Murad one, but it has a nice finish and is light weight.

The T-Zone gel is kind of up in the air for me as pore size is based on genetics and there's not much you can do to actually shrink the size, you can just minimize the look of your pores by keeping them clean and unclogged, making them less noticeable. The ingredients in the gel work to unclog pores so it can work in that aspect, but there's all sorts of refining products like beta hydroxy washes, beta hydroxy pads, and toners that can all help in that factor. Peter Thomas Roth's Correction Pads (also comes in a gentle formula) would be my first suggestion to check out, they're great in the mornings to freshen skin and help with providing clarity to the skin.

hopiwatergirl
Thanks for the suggestions I'll Look in Peter Roth's line. When I went for a facial Murad was the products they used and it felt great so just continued with that line. I wish there was something that could shrink pores. Ha Ha maybe in the future :smileyhappy:
lylysa
(0) Hearts
Murad products are definitely effective and I am a fan of the line, some of their products I rave more about than others. though I'm sure their refining gel delivers, it's just not a product that ranks super high in my list of recommendations. I don't want to discredit the line or the product in anyway, but I just wanted to also let you know what else is on the market as well as info for helping pores appear more cleared and diminished. :smileyhappy:
hopiwatergirl
Yea I was wanting to look into other brands but since I haven't had any problems with Murad I figure why mess with a good thing. But Ill defiantly look into the other line and go from there. Do know if at Sephora they have any samples for Peter Roth's line?
lylysa
(0) Hearts
They can always make a few samples as long as they have sample jars available. I know with the pads it's a matter of just folding some into a container. :smileyhappy: Maybe try to see if you can also get a sample of the Murad gel too!
beautylovingirl
(0) Hearts
@hopiwatergirl- I have to add that your right in the way of thinking why mess with a good thing, I feel the same way, I worked for dermatologist for 12 years and have alot of skin care under my belt, the refining gel will deliver and give you that needed exfoliation. You have products that work. don't mess up a good thing.
hopiwatergirl
Thanks you guys I will be doing some serious shopping at Sephora soon if not coming home with plenty of samples. :smileyhappy:
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • hopiwatergirl