lreagan

Need product suggestions for dry, cracked lips

[ Edited ]

I have horrendous dry lips all year long, not just in winter. It gets so bad that they crack and peel and then bleed and scab. I've tried tons of lip products that are supposed to help but nothing has cured me of this painful nuisance. Here is what I've tried:

1. Fresh Lip Scrub - I'm currently using this twice a day, and it has helped in sloughing off the dead skin that accumulates but it hasn't actually helped the source of the problem.

2. Fresh Lip Treatment

3. Dr. Lipp's Nipple Balm for Lips

4. Jack Black Lip Balm

5. Rosebud Salve

6. Burt's Bees lip balm

Numbers 2-6 are various lip balms I've tried that are supposed to be the best for dry lips but none have seriously helped the issue. I have no idea what causes my dry lips since I literally have this problem 24/7/365. I know several of the medications I'm on cause really bad dry mouth, so that's my best guess as to why my lips are so dry.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other lip treatments? I'm willing to shell out the big bucks for a true miracle product.

lreagan

Re: Need product suggestions for dry, cracked lips

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

make sure you're wearing a balm or gloss that has SPF in it.  I used to have horrendously cracked, bleeding lips even when wearing lipstick until I realized I never used a product with sunscreen in it.  It took a couple of months, but with consistent exfoliating and SPF, they looked and felt MUCH better.  If you wear lipstick often, a good sunscreen balm is the LaVanila SPF 30 pot.  Doesn't feel sticky and lipstick and glosses go on well over it.

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I really like the Aloe Vera Lip Treatment from The Body Shop. It's very rich and moisturizing, but not too greasy, and has a light fragrance. It's normally $9.50, but it looks like it's on sale! I'd check out the Body Shop Website if you're interested.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • waterbaby1981
    • caligirl2011
    • dianabt
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler