AbbyRudek

Need help finding a good foundation.

I am looking for a high-coverage, liquid foundation that leaves a dewy and glowing look-wiithout causing me to breakout. Currently I am using Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I love the coverage, but it is too matte for me. I love Benefits Hello Oxygen Foundation, but it makes me breakout BAD. My skin is very acne prone. Help please?

roxystar4

Re: Need help finding a good foundation.

(0) Hearts

A friend and I both have had a bad experience with Hello Oxygen. It caused both of us to break out as well.  oh dear!

I like Tarte Smooth Operator and then cover it with a little powder (Alima Pure Mineral Foundation).

goodChoicegirl

(0) Hearts

I love this thread, you've read my mind. I too, am using Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation and have found that I need to water it down to thin it bc it is too matte for day. 

I liked Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation, but was looking for something new. When I want to splurge-it's hard w/foundation bc I use it daily. I like Giorgio Armani and/or Chantecaille's. I really like Korres' foundation primer under whichever I choose. Thanks for starting this conversation!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Go watch the newest video on foundations for combo/oily/acne prone skin by Lisa Eldridge.  Really amazing info and actual product examples that are in the category you're describing!

onomotopoeia9

Yves Saint Laurent's touche eclat line leaves skin looking dewy but still natural! you can choose your desired amount of coverage.

mkupgk

I'm currently using the ud naked skin foundation in shade 3.5.  It provide great coverage for my redness and acne filled skin.  

helpful

I agree with the Urban Decay Naked suggestion! It has a nice finish without being overly matte. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You might want to look into Shiseido's Perfect Refining Foundation it's medium to full coverage. You can check it out to see if it is right for you. Hope this helps. Also you could look at Kat Von D's lock it tattoo foundation. Alot of people who have acne prone oily skin love it. Hope this helps!

keelybt

Hi AbbyRudek Do you know what ingredient you are reacting to?  From the description of what you are looking for, I recommend Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25. It gives good coverage and leaves a lovely natural glow.

swfupload_2032262398660366869.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/extra-repair-foundation-spf-25-P288551?skuId=1334317

goodChoicegirl

(0) Hearts

Do you apply this w/your fingers or w/a brush?

WittyW

I really love Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation. It's full coverage. BUT, it's not necessarily dewy. It leaves my (dry) skin with more of a satin finish.

Have you thought about trying a more medium coverage foundation and building up the coverage? I find Urban Decay's Naked Skin to be quite buildable and it's a more dewy finish. When I'm looking for that extra something special that makes my skin glow, I'll add a bit of NARS liquid illuminator in Copacabana. 

I hope you find the right foundation soon. I know how frustrating it can be. :-) 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • jennypenny1995
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9
    • helpful