ShoshiMoshi

Need and advice on skincare products for dry skin

Hi, I am 28 (almost 29) years old, with dry skin (but not peeling). So far I have used the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer and the Clinique All about eyes cream, and I am not impressed. I need something that moisturizes better, but is more natural, with less harsh ingredients. I am looking for a moisturizer and an eye cream. Possibly a face wash suggestion as well (I have used Clinique and Origins "Check and Balances" and both are super drying).

I was looking at Tarte's Maracuja Oil, but not sure if it is right for my. And will it be enough instead an eye cream, or I need more?

Just to mentioned, my skin is not that sensitive, have a little fine lines around my eyes, no acne.

infinitise

Re: Need and advice on skincare products for dry skin

(0) Hearts

upload_1667308856800691333.png

I think serums are super important. 

I have dry combination skin,.. so if I'm not careful with my skincare products, my makeup look very dehydrated and cakey.. (worse with foundation than without) 

I've recently had a chance to try the Bobbi brown extra repair serum and its far the best I've tried 

I wasn't very keen about the ingredients at first and therefore hesitant, but it honestly made the world of difference. 

its expensive, but very worth the cost. 

Bobbi Brown recently had a $20 gift card with purchase of $100.. not sure if its still going on 

hipquest

(0) Hearts

Hey ShoshiMoshi,

The Fresh Lotus skin and eye creams are excellent. I also use the tarte maracuja oil at night. Good luck in your search.

ShoshiMoshi

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the great suggestions. So many great products, so hard to pick :smileyhappy:

laurabt

Hi ShoshiMoshi,

I also have skin on the drier side and I highly recommend the First Aid Beauty line.  I love the cleanser as it is creamy and not drying at all, but still gets all my makeup off.  Another great cleanser that I just fell in love with is the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser. It is light and airy, with a nice citris scent, and leaves my face feeling clean and soft.  I also recommend the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth™ Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil.  I only apply it at night, and my skin has felt more balanced than ever since I started using it a couple weeks ago.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

http://bit.ly/1hLN1wR

http://bit.ly/1l2o42r

http://bit.ly/1hVfEBT

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Korres Sleeping Facials! 

I have dry skin, and prefer the wild rose over the yogurt

upload_341929762902971779.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/wild-rose-vitamin-c-advanced-brightening-sleeping-facial-P306883?skuId=141192...

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge fan of face oils for hydration. I found the Nude ProGenius oil to not only be very hydrating, but also help with anti aging. Josie Maran is good, but I reach for the Nude. Fresh is a good natural brand. I have used their soy cleanser and the Black tea line. I love Algenist's Genius cream and use it as a night cream. It is the most hydrating cream I've used without being oily. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

the tarte oil is fantastic! 

So is Josie maran oil! 

Algenist night cream is most wonderful as well. 

I find if I'm wearing an oil my skin stays pretty moist (I don't like that word) 

for a face wash system try the josie maran cleansing oil. You won't regret it! Especially if your skin gets as dry as mine! 

After washing my face I use fresh black tea instant infusion Toner. It evens out the ph balance of your skin which goes out of wack when you wash it.

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

the tarte oil is fantastic! 

So is Josie maran oil! 

Algenist night cream is most wonderful as well. 

I find if I'm wearing an oil my skin stays pretty moist (I don't like that word) 

for a face wash system try the josie maran cleansing oil. You won't regret it! Especially if your skin gets as dry as mine! 

krunce

Hey ShoshiMoshi!

I've suffered from dry skin as well (oh that harsh Canadian weather!) and I've added a product or two to my arsenal that's made a huuuuge difference:

Serum:

Washing your face can be really drying, even if you're using something hyper gentle or oil based. I find my skin is driest right after I wash it, no matter what I do, so I started using the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching serum right after I wash my face, and it's made a really huge difference in how moisturized my skin remains throughout the day. upload_8279640332855683285.jpg

Skincream:

The ingredient ceramide is being touted as one of the best out there for water retension. There are some brands on Sephora that have ceramide in their skincare products. I've tried samples of them, and haven't been extremely impressed, plus they were super expensive :s 

I found that Cetaphil has a cream with ceramide in it. Cetaphil is a really amazing, tremendously simple skincare brand that makes sure all of its products are safe for people suffering from eczema. I love how shorts their ingredients lists are - the shortest in and out of the drugstore. 

I actually mix the Cetaphil ceramide moisturizer with my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer because I don't need that much moisture. Also, this is kinda weird but the ceramide moisturizer is a body moisturizer (been using it for a year though!). Here it is:upload_8678431297634595637.png

The Oil Question:

I think using a facial oil can certainly help with this kinda thing too. I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong, but skin oils really just don't absorb completely. That's fine! I use them at night and I feel like they end up being like an intensive treatment. The one I use, which had really awesome reviews on both Sephora and MakeupAlley is Fresh's Seaberry oil:

upload_1545823363103658891.jpg

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I don't think Tarte's Maracuja Oil will be hydrating enough for you. This is not a Sephora brand, but if you are looking for more natural ingredients, I suggest Eminence Organics for you. They have a Coconut Milk Cleanser which is absolutely divine and hydrating. They have many different moisturizers to choose for anywhere from dry/anti-aging, dry/acne prone, dry/sensitive, dry/hyperpigmentation, etc.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mrsbaine
    • hipquest
    • infinitise
    • krunce
    • laurabt