carpeomniachica

Need a summer BB cream, but unsure what brand/color...

(0) Hearts

I am olive complected, and although I get very pale in the winter, I tan super easily and get quite dark. I have been using and loving Dr. Jart's Premium+ Beauty Balm, but after just a few sunny days, it has quickly become far too light. I'm willing to switch brands if need be, although I would also be happy to stick with Dr. Jart's. Also, I have tried and do not like Dr. Brandt's. I have dark auburn hair and green eyes, if that matters. What brand or brands might work for me for summer?

melissabt

Re: Need a summer BB cream, but unsure what brand/color...

(0) Hearts

It depends on the brand, CC creams usually do. What type of coverage are you looking for?

<3 Melissa
melissabt

(0) Hearts

Yes! The difference is that the CC cream is more for evening out the complexion and ideal if you have dark spots or acne scars.

<3 Melissa
carrierose

(0) Hearts

I thought CC creams had lighter coverage than BB?  (I'm researching them too, and I can't decide!)

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Carpeomniachica,

I think a good match for you would be the Smashbox BB cream in light/medium. It's oil controlling and has a nice medium coverage finish. It will be a good option for your skin tone and concerns.

http://www.sephora.com/camera-ready-bb-cream-spf-35-P300339?skuId=1387000

smashbox bb.jpg

I also recommend the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in medium. It's light weight, contains antioxidants to prevent environmental damage. The shade medium has yellow/beige under tones.

http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-nude-bb-creme-P377753?skuId=1487651

dior nude bb.jpg

<3 Melissa
carpeomniachica

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Melissa. Can I ask what the difference is between the Smashbox Camera Ready BB & CC Creams, and which would be best? 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi carpeomniachica,

What is your skin type? This will help to pick the best formulation for you not just in coverage, but for skin benefits as well. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
carpeomniachica

Oops, I accidentally replied above instead of here. I have slightly oily skin and am prone to breakouts along my jawline. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • carrierose
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • carpeomniachica
Photos2
  • dior nude bb.jpg