molly2310

Need a new skin care regimen

I'm 26 years old and I have consistently had an issue with mild acne. I've used several prescription drugs but I'm looking for a cleansing regimen that will work. I have oily skin and tend to get acne on my cheeks, jawline and chin. I used to have such great skin but it just will not cooperate anymore. Do you have any suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thanks!

projill

Re: Need a new skin care regimen

(0) Hearts

molly2310,

I can totally relate- I have breakouts all along my chin and jawline and was very frustrated.  One product that I swear by is the Murad Acne and Wrinkle Reducer Serum.  It targets hormonal breakouts (which occur along the chin and jawline) and seriously clears them up in a couple of days.  It is the one product I have found to be effective everytime.

Another post they had recommended the Murad Time Released Cleanser and moisturizer- these are the other 2 products in the same line.  Definitely try them- you will be so happy.

The serum is $58 but is huge and you only need to use it in areas you tend to break out in.  I have had mine for 6 months or so and it still has lots to go.

Best,

Jill

cjbetty

(0) Hearts

I know Sephora doesnt carry this but i think Dermalogica is worth a try.  They have several different kits and I am sure they have one for acne prone skin.  Try it out! 

mrscruz

(0) Hearts

Murad Anti Aging Acne Rocks! Its perfect for mild acne with out completely drying you out. The Time realease cleanser has a minty feeling to it and the anti aging mosturizer with spf 20 does not leave you feeling greasy.

tiffanybt

Hi molly2310. Murad and Bliss both have great products to help with breakouts without breaking the bank.  I recommend checking out their combination kits that have at least a cleanser and moisturizer so you could see if your skin reacts to those products.

Murad Acne Response Set

Bliss No 'Zit' Sherlock Complete Acne System 

For a great spot treatment for hormonal acne, check out this thread.

Cheers,

Tiffany

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tiffanybt
    • projill
    • cjbetty
    • molly2310
    • mrscruz