MeaganFuller

Need a foundation recommendation!!!

I have combo/oily skin and I need a new foundation. Everything I try seems to just sit on top of my face and just melts off mid day. I swear a lot and that doesn't help my case. I need something with staying power that doesn't make me outlier than I already am and something that won't irritate my skin. However I don't want some cakey makeup look either. I want to try to look as natural and flawless as possible and not like I have a pound of makeup on my face. Any suggestions?!?!?!?!?
DesertRose0706

Re: Need a foundation recommendation!!!

(0) Hearts

i would have to second the Estee Lauder Double Wear.  It stays matte all day, has little to no transfer and gives beautiful medium to full coverage.

LazorBlades

[ Edited ]

Me too!! I usually stick to bare minerals or therapy systems powder, but for more coverage and "going out" i do Kat Von D and make sure I have lots of pro finish powder on top and for a touch up dusting.

swfupload_2835957182200587600.jpg

swfupload_2730399349481945300.jpg

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I also agree on the MUFE pro finish foundation it's the same one I was going to recommend. I also love the Dior Forever Flawless foundation if I'm going to wear a liquid foundation. Hope this helps!

janinebt

Hi MeaganFuller,

I'm also a combination skin girl. Do you prefer a powder based foundation or a liquid?

For powder I would recommend trying Make Up For Ever's Pro Finish powders. They give me a light to medium coverage and can be applied to the face in just seconds.

swfupload_5788125588539464006.jpg

If you want a liquid foundation I would suggest NARS Sheer Matte Foundation. The coverage is matte making it ideal for complexions with oily skin. It will leave your face looking soft and flaw-free with medium to full coverage.

swfupload_197010124549019356.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
MeaganFuller

I've tried two or three MAC makeups, all which beer were two yellow and oily, I have tried the Clinique perfectly real compact abs the Clinique tinted moisturizer. I've also tried the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and so in liked it for a while but it just wasnt for me. I also tried the revlon nearly naked foundation which I loved, but I still felt like I needed to wash my face and start over by noon 

maddierose30

They don't sell any Estee Lauder foundations at Sephora but I have oily, slightly acne prone skin and the double wear Light foundation is my HG! It is a light to medium coverage (more medium i would say) and has a natural very luminous appearance. It is the one foundation which I have found for oily skin that effectively controls oil, while not being too matte, and the best part is it lasts all day and feels like nothing is on my skin. The double wear might be good, but is very high coverage which is why i like the light version. It lasts all day and is great at controlling oil! Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

hollypocket

What have you tried so far?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • MeaganFuller
    • beautylovingirl