Need Help Going Further With Makeup!
hi, so I'm 16 and have been wearing makeup since 14. I wash my face daily and before adding my foundation i apply skin moisturizer. then i apply my foundation and then mascara. that's all i really do, but i want to do more. i want a natural and simple makeup routine, but i don't know what to do! Please help?
Remember that less is more! I think you're doing a great job washing your face and using moisturizer, and foundation and mascara are the most essential basics to use!
I'd suggest adding a super soft and light blush in a pale pink or peachy tone, try a nice rosey or pink lipgloss too for just a hint of fun color to brighten your look, or even add a light sweep of eyeshadow across your lids, again sticking to a neutral pink, champagne or even a fun lavender color!
For blush, try the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes in Tipsy or Dollface
Or try Benefit Cosmetics Hervana, Bella Bamba or Coralista
I recommend the Lancome Juicy Tubes or Buxom glosses which come in a gorgeous variety of colors!
Raspberry Ice and Miracle
Bambi, Sandy and Kanani
and for shadows try some fun duos of light shades, I really like our Sephora Baked collection and the Stila duos but Clinique and Bare Escentuals have some fun sets too!
Hi there! Well there's various ways of combining a daily routine that's right for you. A natural makeup routine that has worked for me, whether it's a school day or a work day is the following
1) I wash my face apply my moisturizer (must contain SPF) and then go ahead and apply my foundation. I love my one and only MUFE HD foundation. I apply this depending on the mood of my skin, if it needs coverage I GIVE it coverage if it's not so bad I apply very little just to give my that healthy even complexion. The good thing about this foundation is that it's buildable...and no matter what its coverage is flawless.
2) After this I set my foundation with a pressed powder. It's preferable to use a transluscent powder just keep the foundation lasting throughout the day and not have it look like you put too much color.
3) Then I apply blush. I like to apply Benefit's "Coralista" but any coral color would do. I like Benefit's in particular because it goes on naturally and gives you that sun-kissed glow without going overboard.
4) Afterwards I move on with mascara.
5) Lastly I put on my gloss, something sheer and natural. Either a clear gloss or a pretty rose color I love Fresh's Rose lip treatment which I received as my birthday gift from Sephora, it has become on of my favorites!
I hope this helps!
All the suggestions given are wonderful. I would incorporate an eye liner into your routine. Applying eye liners can be tricky at first, but once you master application, you'll never go back!! Apply liner only to the top lash line, as applying on the bottom lash line can look harsh. When applying, start in the middle of the upper lash line, and make short, quick strokes until you've coated the whole lash line. I suggest trying Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye liner in Bourbon. It will stay all day without running!