Dori1965

Need Help Choosing Shampoo & Conditioner

(0) Hearts

Hi! I have waist length hair, which is fine and fairly wavy. I shampoo and condition every other day with Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and Nexxus Humectress Conditioner (which I love). My problem is that my hair never really feels clean. :/ It also looks dirty/oily after a day. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

DanaKontnik

Re: Need Help Choosing Shampoo & Conditioner

I got free samples of Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Moist Shampoo and Ultra Moist Conditioner from Ulta a few weeks ago. They both have avocado and olive oil in them. I have hair that goes from extremely dry to extremely oily within 24-48 hours of washing. It's annoying. I guess my scalp is trying to overcompensate for the dryness. Anyway, since I started using this stuff I have less frizz and my hair seems more balanced. It's great stuff. Right now Ulta has a buy one get one free sale on this line as well (normally $8.99 each). I bought 2 bottles of shampoo and 2 bottles of conditioner in the store (the last 4 bottles in their inventory). There was a $2 off coupon on both shampoos. So I got an extra $4 off. Plus I had a $3.50 coupon that was emailed to me. I saved $25.50!! I later went online and bought 2 more bottles of shampoo because I go through shampoo much quicker than conditioner and this stuff normally isn't cheap. I can't say enough good things about these products. The conditioners I bought in store also had samples of their anti-frizz serum. Can't wait to see how well that works.

It's tough to find the right products for your hair. Good luck!

Dori1965

(0) Hearts

Thanks DanaKontnik :smileyhappy:

Dori1965

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much ladies! :smileyhappy:

prosopon

I second the clarifying shampoo idea brought up by brennn.  A drugstore alternative is Neutrogena Anti Residue formula shampoo. It does exactly what it says.  It is not an everyday shampoo, just to be used when your hair needs it.

brennn

[ Edited ]

Do you use a clarifying shampoo periodically?  The Nexxus products are great for moisture (& smell divine) but they don't get all the buildup out of the hair. Since the Nexxus S&C products are a bit heavy, buildup can make it look dirty or feel oily too soon after washing, especially given your fine hair.  Depending on how much styling product you use you should only need to do this 1 or 2 times a month- more or less frequently depending on what you find your hair needs. Condition as normal.

Some great clarifying shampoos I've tried are the Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, the Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo, Redken's Nature Rescue Refreshing Detox Shampoo (my favorite) and the Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo.

keelybt

Hi Dori1965 Have you tried a dry shampoo?  If you don't want to wash your hair everyday, it's a great way to get rid of excess oil.

swfupload_1092289234768724620.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/caviar-anti-aging-dry-shampoo-P269718?skuId=1289610

swfupload_8560711865373968231.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pronto-dry-shampoo-spray-P193725?skuId=1043090

Dori1965

(0) Hearts

I've never tried dry shampoo. I'll have to look into that! Thanks so much Keely! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prosopon
    • brennn
    • Dori1965
    • DanaKontnik
Photos2