Dori1965

Need Help Choosing KVD Powder Foundation

Hello Everyone! I want to purchase the new Kat Von D powder foundation, but not sure which shade to get. I currently use KVD liquid foundation in color 54. Should I choose color 54 in the powder as well? 

kissXmakeup

Re: Need Help Choosing KVD Powder Foundation

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know if you can find this in stores yet? Or when it will be available? I need a new powder foundation and would love to check this out!

melissabt

Hi KissXmakeup- It should be in stores in the next few weeks! Please keep checking with your local Sephora Store for the most up to date inventory:smileyhappy: I'm very excited about the powder as well!

<3 Melissa
kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Thanks Melissa!

Arlandria88

OMG---- KVD has a powder foundation ??!!!!

I'm in.

beautylovingirl

@Dori1965- I think it  would be best to wear it alone because it may be too heavy with the KVD liquid under it.

Dori1965

I thought I'd try wearing it alone (as a foundation). I LOVE KVD products, but I'm not used to wearing powder foundation. Would it be better to wear it over my KVD tattoo foundation? Thanks for your help ladies! :smileyhappy:

MaybeMaybe

If you wear it over top of the liquid it's going to increase your coverage. That's certainly an option but certainly not required. One of the great things about powder foundation is the ease of application. I wear powder foundation by itself usually. Powder foundations (many of them, not all) can go on sheer or be built up for fuller coverage. How you use them (alone or on top of liquid) is a matter of personal preference. I'd encourage you to play around until you find exactly what works best for you.

Of course.... only "play around" when you aren't in a hurry just in case things get out of hand :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

But you don't want to go to light since the powder foundations won't oxidize like the liquids.

MaybeMaybe

I got a chance to preview these and in my opinion the powders were about a half shade lighter than the liquids. Undertones in the powders.... both cool and warm were slightly subdued compared to their liquid counterparts. 

beautylovingirl

Are you going to wear it by itself or are you wanting to put it over your foundation? If wearing it by itself I would say yes color 54 is the right choice. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • Dori1965
    • kissXmakeup
    • Arlandria88
    • MaybeMaybe