sweetieee

Natural makeup?

(0) Hearts

Is anyone else concerned about all the chemicals in side makeup? Dose any one know of healthier makeup? I love make up and I love shopping at Sephora. Im thinking about going organic or natural im totally lost haha but want to go healthy for my skin. I suppose no make up would be the healthiest haha. I have a Mac concealer ill be returning tomorrow. if feels really tight on my skin and I wonder if its because I had wore concealer that I now have to use it because it may have caused dark circles under my eyes.

Just a thought I wanted to share.

Any tips? or products.

Thank you(:

anaa

Re: Natural makeup?

Take a look at eyeshadow ingredients, including UD.  Most of them have parabens.   Too Faced has a few eyeshadow pallettes that are paraben free but not all.  You really have to read ingredients to be sure.

veronika23

[ Edited ]

Brands at Sephora I like:

Tarte

Bite Beauty well I should say LOVE this brand

OCC

Hourglass

Lavanilla

Urban Decay (foundation is formulated without - Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan) Depending on the product they are also formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates.

Fresh (but not all are formulated without the chemicals and stuff)

Check out saffronrouge dot com.  I most of my skin care/body care is from there and I really like The Body Deli.   The site is kinda like a Sephora but natural products only. They have make-up, skin care, body care, etc.

roxystar4

Zuzu Luxe Cosmetics, 100% Pure, RMS, Tarte, Bite Beauty, Mineral Fusion, Honey Bee Gardens, Eco glow, Maia's Mineral Galaxy, Jane Iredale, Korres, La Vanilla.

I used to be OBSESSED with having everything all natural. I sadly completely cleaned out my makeup collection when I did this and really regret it. I really hate to say this, but in many cases you sacrifice quality. The concealers & foundations Ive used are certainly not a good (coverage, how long it lasts, etc). Also, sometimes brands use essential oils that can cause irritation (some natural foundations I have cause more drying/acne than my not-natural brands).

I try to use organic or natural, GMO free items for shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion (things that I put all over my body).  Sometimes I get facial care that's all natural (recently did a Haul on YouTube about some all natural skincare I picked up from The San Diego Apothecary). 

I hope this is helpful for you. I really recommend that you don't toss all your current items out (or you may seriously regret it, as I did).

serioustree

(0) Hearts

What's your youtube?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thekristenkchannel - I'll PM you with a link :smileyhappy:

I picked up a nice eye serum I've been enjoying (made with carrot seed oil)

Most of my channel is regular makeup/skin/bodycare but I do lean towards natural body lotion, hand lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and some skincare items. (and food)

sulfate

(0) Hearts

Oh, I forgot to mention, I love the Ren line.  Sephora carries it as well.  

sulfate

I try to do that and to eliminate animal ingredients, but I still use some mainstream brands because I haven't found a replacement I like as much. Some brands are of course more 'natural' than others, but I figure every little bit helps. I tend to go the most natural with body products and household cleaners (good for me and the planet) because that is very easy.  I used to have a chronic cough and the day I switched to natural household cleaners, it went away.  When I walk down the cleaning aisle in the grocery store, I cough a little.  It makes me think that what we are inhaling and what is against our skin after washing our clothes and sheets probably has as much as an impact, if not more, than the YSL mascara on my eyelashes. 

Incase it's helpful, here are some products I use .. and I'm really picky :smileyhappy:  

John Masters shampoo, conditioner, rose foaming face wash (they have a good spf too)

Bite lip liners and lip lacquers (sephora)

Koh Gen Do Foundation (sephora) 

Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream (only for the driest of skin)

Tarte Maracuja Oil, vitamin c eye cream (sephora)

Josie Maran spf 40 (it's a little thiner than the John Masters) (sephora)

Nourish body wash and hand soap.. but I'll also buy random things at Whole Foods.  

3 free or 5 free nail polishes.. spa ritual and zoya are very clean brands

la vanilla perfume and deodorant (sephora) 

Sephora also sells Tata Harper skincare which is very natural.  I haven't tried it.  

Jurlique is also sold by Sephora

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (sephora sells some of their products).  I plan to try their concealer.  I have some of their makeup brushes.  

For the house.. I use products from Whole Foods but my can't live without product is Method Smarty tabs for the dishwasher.   

I keep the bleach in the garage and only use it on rare occasions.  I can smell it days after it was used.  Hard to believe.  

Oh, I don't think your concealer can cause dark circles.  Well, I guess if you had a reaction to an ingredient it could but should go away in a few days.  

evno

I'm such a geek about organic/natural makeup and skincare, so here's some tips for starting out. First, use the internet to research the ingredients in the products that you're currently using, and figure out which ingredients you agree/disagree with using. (Also, remember that everything is a chemical, so don't fall for "chemical-free" labels/ads.) Before you buy anything, read the ingredients list. Some good natural brands sold at Sephora are Bite Beauty, Boscia, Fresh, Josie Maran, Korres, Origins, and Tarte.

jxw200

there are a few great blogs for natural beauty. off the top of my head, she's in the glow and no more dirty looks are two really good ones. 

In terms of a natural makeup line, RMS beauty is a really popular one. they sell some of the line on birchbox, and beautyhabit is a great site to shop from. and of course rms has their own site! 

also, if you have a whole foods store near you, check out their beauty section. I know there are other brands out there that I just can't think of right now! :smileyhappy: 

in terms of using natural brands, I definitely consider it but at this point can't be bothered to be careful of ingredients. One day, i'll get there! 

txmommyofboys

Maybe a bb cream line? Tarte is parabin free, as are lots of other brands. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • anaa
    • jxw200
    • roxystar4
    • sulfate
    • veronika23
    • serioustree