JuliaPezz

Nail Polish for Black Tie Wedding

Hi, what nail polish color should I paint my nails without overdoing the color of my dress? Maybe nude with sparkles to match the waist design??

IMG_2683.jpg

starletta8

Re: Nail Polish for Black Tie Wedding

I agree with the understated nails- remember, this is black tie so when in doubt, go classic.  Your dress is bold- let that be your statement instead of having your nails compete.

miabt

I love the dress!  I'm with the rest of the ladies on keeping your nails simple & understated to keep your dress as the focal point.  For a pop, you can do an accent nail using the Illamasqua polish that bananachoox3 suggested :smileyhappy:  

mafan

Personally I think lots of glitter might not be as formal as you want.  You probably want to try it out and see.  If it's too much, you might just want something with a bit of shimmer instead. 

And if you're wearing shoes anything like the picture (silver, open toed), you could probably go for a splash of color or sparkle on the toes, too.

Then again, I'm not that fond of accent nails unless they're done well (which is beyond me!)  Your abilities and mileage might vary.  I do like color, though, so I'd be tempted to match the dress and wear silver jewelry myself. 

I do like Sweet Candy as a not quite so vibrant option.

bananachoox3

I love the color Sweet Candy, laurabt recommend. If you want to jazz it up, I would paint all my nails that Sweet Candy color besides my ring fingers and paint those a silver with glitter, or even a white. Like Illamasqua Rain Drops in Sheer Grey.

swfupload_7045944780580477338.jpg

laurabt

@Bananachoox3- Cute idea! :smileyhappy: -Laura

laurabt

Hi JuliaPezz, yes, I think a soft light pink nail color would look nice with this dress.  I like these ones:

Sephora Collection Color Hit Nail Polish, 03 Sugar Coated

SC Color Hit Nail Polish, 03 Sugar Coated.jpg

Sephora Collection Color Hit Nail Polish, 22 Sweet Candy

SC Color Hit Nail Polish, 22 Sweet Candy.jpg

http://bit.ly/ZXYC1H

Spa Ritual Nail Lacquer, Idyllic

Spa Ritual Nail Lacquer, Idyllic.jpg

http://bit.ly/16bHFlx

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats