lyravega

NARS Tinted Moisturizer: Finland or Terre Neuve?

I've tried this fantastic tinted moisturizer in Alaska recently. And I love it!! I LOVE how it feels and looks on my skin!!! But, Alaska is waaaay too dark and ORANGE on me. I'm quite fair, with pink undertones, so I'm wondering if anybody knows which one, Finland or Terre Neuve, would be better for me? Which one is lighter? Which one is NOT yellow/orange? How light is Terre Neuve exactly? I know it would be better to try it for myself in the store, but I don't know when will I be around one again... so, I'd like to order it from Sephora.com, because I just have to have it right now!!! :smileyhappy:

lyravega

Re: NARS Tinted Moisturizer: Finland or Terre Neuve?

(0) Hearts

Update: So, I got Terre Neuve and it is pretty close to my skin color. It is a little bit darker, but nothing too much. I can get away with it. I'm happy it is not as yellow as it looked when I squeezed it out of the tube for the first time! I was like, oh no, this looks soooo yellow! But it is not that yellow on my face, which is a surprise because EVERYTHING looks yellow or orange on me!!!! As I said, it is a bit darker. But I can wear it as it is, or if I'm not in a hurry, I mix it with a bit of my Kat Von D Lock-It liquid foundation in L42, and it's perfect! All in all, very nice stuff and I think it is my new favorite thing! :smileyhappy: I love this tinted moisturizer! And that's a lot coming from someone who wears full coverage foundations all her life and never wanted even to hear about tinted moisturizers, little less wear them :smileyvery-happy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I'd have to agree with what's been said go with Terre Neuve :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
lyravega

Thank you, ladies! Terre Neuve it is! :smileyhappy: Can't wait to try it!!!!

aparrish

(0) Hearts

Good luck! I love this product, too -- I went to the store to get my Color IQ number and I was like, forget all those other products, just tell me which NARS tinted moisturizer I should be using! :smileyhappy: 

lyravega

(0) Hearts

LOL! I totally understand you. This tinted moisturizer is amazing like that! :smileyhappy:

jetsetjourno

I also am fair with pink undertones, and I went through this *same exact* dilemma  a few weeks ago. I decided on Terre Neuve, and am really happy with my purchase!

maltipoo66

Hi! I went through the same situation-after testing out Finland and Terre Neuve in different lighting, I agree that they're basically the same shade, but Terre Neuve is a bit pinker, and Finland is more yellow. So Terre Neuve should be a good match for you!

aparrish

I think they're prrretty close, but Terre Neuve is just a little bit less yellow. Here's a photo from an amazing beauty blogger's comparison (I can't post the link, but go to phyrra dot net and search for her post; it's from April 4 of this year).

i actually was debating these two colors too, but I think Alaska may be my better match! :smileyhappy:

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much! This was really helpful! This pic, and the ones on the blog. I think I can definitely go with Terre Neuve. Finland is scaring me with its "yellowness". But Terre Neuve looks like it could be it!  It really is less yellow. Hopefully it won't be yellow on me ( and too dark ) :smileyhappy: EVERYTHING is dark and yellow/orange on me! ARRRGHHH!!!! :smileyvery-happy: But, I really love this stuff, so I'll give it a try. 

Thanks again :*

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • lyravega
    • janinebt
    • jetsetjourno
    • aparrish