casualgrandma

My skin is produces so much oil, the US should seek drilling rights for my face. Makeup never lasts!

[ Edited ]

Hi all! I currently use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel, followed by Becca Ever-Matte Primer, Make Up Forever Mat Velevt+, followed up with a layer of MAC skin finish natural and my face is super shiny within three hours. Does anyone have this problem or know how to solve it? Do I need to switch up my products? 

Thanks!

*Please ignore the heinous typo in the title of this post

beautylovingirl

Re: My skin is produces so much oil, the US should seek drilling rights for my face. Makeup never la

The Mineral skin finish helps provide moisture to your skin so I would definitely stop using that and use a mattifying powder to finish with like MUFE's  Super Matte Loose Powder and I would use a moisturizer like Murad's oil control mattifier as a moisturizer.swfupload_7676300208951743125.jpg

brittany0859

Re: My skin is produces so much oil, the US should seek drilling rights for my face. Makeup never la

I had the same problem. No matter what my makeup would cake and my face would be super oily in a matter of hours. Try looking at your skin care. Are you using really drying stuff? I switched to a new moisturizer (Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment) and my skin is barley oily anymore and my makeup lasts. You are using a lot of mattifying products that still aren't working like they should be. Try a more moisturizing moisturizer or products that aren't as drying. You could also try Urban Decays De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray. I found that it really helped my makeup and lessened oil quite a bit

LadyInWhite

If you've got the time, I have the most luck with washing my face, then applying the moisturizer, then waiting a hour, blotting my face and applying makeup.  That sops up whatever the moisturizer left behind, and I can make it longer before having to blot and repowder my face.

laurabt

Hi Casualgrandma,

Check out these lightweight lotions that instantly reduce shine and create a matte finish:

Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Moisture Lotion

Origins Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Moisture Lotion.jpghttp://bit.ly/17VYmUg

Or Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Matifying Fluid

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Matifying Fluid.jpghttp://bit.ly/LFGX5y

:smileyhappy: -Laura

BeautyJunkie325

I've just switched my moisturizer from Dramatically Different Gel to Sheseido's Pureness Matifying Moisturizer.  It is seeming to help with some of my oil slick issues.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • beautylovingirl
    • brittany0859
    • LadyInWhite
    • laurabt
    • casualgrandma