MSMichelleBoo

My Acne Problem!

I hate looking at myself in the mirror, knowing I have a lot of acne/ pimples on my face. Especially on my cheeks. I don't know whether if it's the food I eat, or I don't drink enough water, or I don't exercise a lot but sometimes, my face will clear up a little bit, and then, the next day, I will see a pimple on my face again. I've used a lot of products lately, and most of the time, it doesn't work. So, if you recommend any prodct that will heal my scars away, please tell me as soon as possible. And I have very oily skin, so whenever I use a moisturezer, I'm afraid that it will make my skin more oily, but if I don't put any lotion on my face, my skin will be dry. I hope you guys have any suggestions to help me out with. - THANKS. 

gumoda98

Re: My Acne Problem!

(0) Hearts

I feel your pain!! But there's hope!! I've literally tried some of everything to get rid of acne flare-ups. I've gone through the Sephora shelves, tried ProActive, you name it I've tried it. The problem was that I was trying toooo many things at once, with very little time between products, which only ended up aggravating my skin. Constantly switching up products and ingredients is not the way to go. Believe me.

Your skin is the largest organ you have. You wouldn't be switching up heart medications or constantly poking at your liver to get them working. You have to give your skin a rest. Let it calm down from all of the products and treatments. Keep your face clean (morning & night), keep your hands off (no matter what), keep your hair off of your face, make sure your pillows and sheets are clean (washed 1x or 2x/week), water  (of course) , and when you are using an product,  (cleaser, acne treatment, moisterizer, etc), give it time. Let your skin adjust. It will take a few weeks to see how well (or not!) the treatment is working. And it will give you a better idea of which product is the hero or the culprit!!

It can be beyond frustrating when it comes to matters of the face. But it will get better...as long as you leave it alone! :smileyhappy: Good luck!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You need to be washing your face twice daily no matter what and making sure all your makeup is off, if you go to bed with your makeup on or not fully washed off you are allowing all that dirt to settle in your pores and that is going to make your acne much worse.You need to look into the Murad acne kit. Sephora carries it so you can research it some more on line.

miabt

Hi MSMichelleBoo,

Acne problems happen to be at the top of my list right now!  I've been battling it out for a few months and I've finally found my holy grail product for keeping that acne at bay: Kate Somerville Eradikate.  My face cleared up completely in about a week.  I'll get a few pop-ups here & there, but once I get the Eradikate on it, my face will calm down.  

Kate Somerville - EradiKate Acne Treatment

I would also suggest trying out her Blemish Banisher Kit, which is what got me hooked!  It actually has the Eradikate in the set, so its definitely a winner!  A common misconception with oily skintypes is to skip the moisturizer.  What then happens is your skin is dry and over-produces oils to compensate, resulting in acne :smileysad:  The oil free moisturizer in the set is absolutely perfect & will give you the moisture you skin needs :smileyhappy:

Kate Somerville - Blemish Banisher Kit

To lighten the acne scaring, I like to use the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel.  It contains  2% hydroquinone, to help get rid of those pesky reminders!  It also has Licorice and Allantoin, which work to alleviate irritation and inflammation, improving skin's clarity :smileyhappy:

Murad - Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel

Good luck & I really hope that helps :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

MSMichelleBoo

(0) Hearts

Hi Mia, I already used the Eradi Kate once, and it kinda worked, but it left me some blemishes and just a few pimples. So, I was wondering if I should buy it again by itself or buy the whole kit with it.

miabt

@MSMichelleBoo, I would give it a try with the kit.  You get the full sized Eradikate AND the 3 other items, for just about the same price.  I tried it previously and remember it working ok, but decided to give it another shot last month.  Turns out, I was using it all WRONG last time!  The kit works great together and isn't too harsh.  Another option would be the Murad line.  I tried the starter kit last Christmas, but found it was a little too strong for my skin since I don't have all over acne, just in my T-zone & left me a bit dry.  Maybe give that a try!

Murad - Acne Complex® 30-Day Kit

- 0.33 oz Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15-PA++
- 0.25 oz Acne Spot Treatment
- 1 oz Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
- 1 oz Clarifying Mask
- 1 oz Skin Perfecting Lotion
- 2 oz Clarifying Cleanser 

diorpradagucci

(0) Hearts

You need to use some moisturizer! I had the same problem and what I found out was that your face needs some oil so when you over wash it it drys it out and it makes too much oil to try and add moisture  back. What I do which works REALLY  well is a regular face wash, then a toner, moisturizer, and then a stronger cream on any affected area. I really like OIly of olay moisturizer, it's oil free so it never causes breackouts, and is spf 15. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • diorpradagucci
    • beautylovingirl
    • MSMichelleBoo
    • gumoda98
    • miabt