LCResz

Murad Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo, thoughts?

[ Edited ]

I just received this duo so of course I immediately used them! I love how my skin feels but now my nose is peeling as if I had a sunburn. It's not painful at all, just kinda gross looking. I've barely been out in the sun this last week because of the weather, and I never leave the house without SPF slathered on my face so I know I didn't actually have some subtle sunburn lurking, but could this duo really cause this kind of reaction? I've used I don't know how many peels and masks over the years and never had this happen. Should I be worried or is this what a really effective facial should do?

LCResz

Re: Murad Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo, thoughts?

Happy update: as many surmised, I think the peel just got really deep down and lifted A LOT of dead cells because today, after some very gentle cleansing my nose looks lovely! My skin doesn't look red or fell sensitive at all. I'm not going to do this treatment again dior at least a week, just to make sure my skin stays happy. Thank you everyone for your support!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I'm glad it wasn't super damaging! I guess it means it'll last you quite some time if you don't have to use it very often, that's a plus!

LCResz

Seriously, I was so hopeful for this product because my nose gets a lot of blackheads (I have allergies so I am constantly rubbing my nose). Looks like it did in fact work, it just had to do a lot!

beautylovingirl

It could be that it is just removing the dead cells that you had that the other peels didn't go down deep enough to remove them. Removing all the dead skin and dirt and oil deep down is what you want. I'm sure it will subside in a couple of days. Hope this helps!

wendyomgwar

I hope that it clears up soon! I wonder if your skin is too sensitive for this? I'm trying the glamglow today! Hopefully I'll have a good experience!

rikkie

Yikes! I hope it heals up quickly, that seems way harsh after one use. I have this on my to buy list, maybe I'll have to see if I can sample it first. Thanks for the info!

jellybean917

Oh shucks. Hopefully this will end up working out for you!

I have this duo in my "Loves." I've got pretty sensitive skin though, so maybe it's not such a good idea for me...

nebel

I haven't tried it yet but I intend to!!! Thanks for the warning that I might peel!

dianabt

Hi LCResz,

It could be a combination of the salicylic and the clay that are overdrying your skin and causing it to flake- It's meant to clear out pores but I don't really think you should be experiencing excessive peeling on the skin.   Are you using the duo everyday, every other day or twice a day? If everyday, I would decrease usage to maybe every other day or just twice a week to prevent too much drying- It's also possible you are not removing enough of the black head remover which is causing excessive peeling and exfoliation.

Let me know if you are using any other skincare items with this as well!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
LCResz

Hi Diana! 

Just used it for the first time today, so I will hold off using it again. Thanks for the info!

dianabt

No problem! It's recommending for use 2-4 times a week so just space out the usage and make sure you're fully removing any product or residue before going on to the next step- Hopefully this will help reduce some of the peeling but if not, feel free to return or exchange should it get any worse.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • rikkie
    • nebel