Answer
SaraMcKenna
Mufe hd foundation fades/sinks into lines
(0) Hearts

I put on mac photofinish primer, put on mufe hd foundation with a stippling brush, and after I do my other stuff (contouring, etc.) I use (forgot the brand!) hd setting powder. By lunch time the mild acne on my chin is showing through, my foundation looks cakey, and it sinks into lines and gathers around imperfections. How can I stop this? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
keelybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi SaraMckenna How would you describe your skin and what are you using for skincare?

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

MAC doesn't have a photo finish primer. Smashbox does is that the one your referring to?

kalex
Answered
(0) Hearts

Looks to me like either your primer, foundation, or a combination of the products you're using aren't working for you anymore.

Did you mean Smashbox Photofinish Primer?  I would start by trying a different one.  My personal fave is Clarins Instant Smooth - http://www.sephora.com/instant-smooth-perfecting-touch-P130909?skuId=1029859

It has given me great results regardless of the foundation I use.  It doesn't cause acne and it fills-in/blurs lines and pores.

jennypenny1995
Answered
(0) Hearts

You can try applying with clean fingers, but I've found ALL liquid formulas settle.  That's why I'm using Lancome's Dual Finish again.  Zero settling!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • SaraMcKenna