jcknox

Moisturizers for dry combination, sensitive skin

Whats the best moisturizer for dry combination and sensitive skin?? i'm looking around for one both high and low end, especially for the winter season. I was looking at korres products but 1 oz for $45 isnt pursuadung  me and ive also looked at some of origins products. 

I get oily around my nose and forhead and i have dry flakes all over my cheeks

chupi

Re: Moisturizers for dry combination, sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

Have you tried beauty oils? I love NUDE, argan oil (which you can buy for cheap off Amazon) or rosehip seed oil (which you can buy for really cheap at health food stores).

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

I get you girl! something inexpensive but covers all your needs?

Nivea crème. I have no idea how many times I've recommended this on here but it really works! of the best things is that they do not test on animals so yay! but the product is perfect for moisturizing and hydrating. I suggest you use an exfoliator to get rid of the dry flaky skin on your face this will help get rid of dead skin cells and make your face baby soft. you can find nivea at almost any drugstore. have a nice day and good luck!

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

Korres has a bunch of fragrances in their products so get a sample to see how it reacts with your skin first! MD Formulation's Moisture Defense Antioxidant Creme, and Boscia's Restorative Night Moisture Cream. 

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I use the Bobbi Brown Extra line. I am also getting ready to try the dermadoctor line because the Bobbi line is just so expensive.

cherrybombtastic

I have the Korres Sleeping Facial which is pretty good for combination skin, but I understand if you're hesitant to fork over that amount. I would try Cerave lotion (not the cream). It's pretty good if you have flakes. I hope this helps and good luck!

DTalksAll

Which Korres are you looking at? The Rose + Vita C  may be too much for your sensitive skin with all the fragrance in it. Have you ever tried vitamin C products? The Greek Yogurt might be better for you. 

When I'm really dry, I like to pat a drop of PTR oilless oil on my dry areas & will mix a drop of it with my regular moisturizer. 

Are you looking for AM &/or PM use? Personally I like to use a heavier moisturizer at night, and then in the morning use a gentle exfoliator every few days to get rid of dry areas & then my moisturizer with SPF 30. 

What ingredients are you sensitive to? 

FAB's Ultra Repair Cream is a favorite for those why are really sensitive. 

I really like OH Sheer Transformation. It's light, doesn't make me oily, & hydrates nicely. My face doesn't feel stuffy when I put it on, and I wake up with soft skin. 

If you want added moisture during the day, look into facial mists that are alcohol free. PTR has one that's fragrance & alcohol free! Sephora used to have, but it can still be found on the PTR site. You can spray mists over your makeup without disrupting it. I like to keep them all over the house for a boost of hydration during the dry winter months. 

What are you using to exfoliate? 

OH has a moisturizing plant based mask, blue/black mask, that can be used 2x a week 

AmorePacific Treatment enzyme peel is really gentle, and effective. It's a bit pricey, but it works! I think it's still available as an old promo code AMOREPEEL if you place an order online. 

marydiva

(0) Hearts

The Korres sleeping facial lasts forever though! I was super hesitant as well. Why not wait until the $20 off $50 sale?

jcknox

(0) Hearts

Omg when is this sale???

tigrelili

(0) Hearts

i have korres and i love it , its alot in the jar and you dont need much to apply to your face and neck

I have the same problem you do

also sephoras own brand of moisturizers works really well 

so does first aid beauty

i used korres at night and sephora moisturizer throughout day since my skin gets really dry especially during winter weather

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I can't speak for the low end products because I personally haven't found one that worked.. they all ended up being a hand cream after 2 or 3 uses.. 

From what I've tried, 

• Clarins' hydra quench is one of my favorites. very moisturizing and did not cause breakouts. (very moisturizing, but is not oily. there is just enough oil to create a "water barrier") 

other favs are 

• Fresh lotus youth preserve that is light weight and moisturizing. Abit more natural on the skin too. 
  • Ole Henriksen's sheer transformation. this one is awesome. very light weight and moisturizing, great to wear under makeup. also pretty natural. 
  • Origins has great moisturizers too, but for my skin, they're "not so calming".. my skin reacts to it a little bit 
  • Clinique yellow cream and pink cream is not my personal fav, but they're very popular.. I just don't like their ingredients, but that's personal preference. 

you should moisturize well at night to balance the moisture and oil in your skin over time. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I don't like clinique's ingredients either! Everyone always raves about them, yet claim they are ingredient conscious. That much alcohol should not be in a product marketed for dry skin. It just doesn't make sense. 

CaitlinBrunson

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just like all products, you have to look. It takes two seconds to look at an ingredient list. I used to be very anti-Clinique but they are really stepping their game up with their new products. I would try and not be so close minded towards brands as a whole. Every brand has its strengths and weaknesses. The best thing to do is view it like a scavenger hunt and get the cream of the crop! As long as the product works, has safe ingredients, and it is in proper packaging for it to be stable and not contaminated, I really could care less what brand it is. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • cherrybombtastic
    • chupi
    • marydiva
    • infinitise
    • Londonlover101