autumn18

Moisturizer

Just curious what moisturizer works best for you? I cant seem to find one that moisturizes without my skin ending up oily

mebeval

Re: Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination (sometimes flakey, sometimes oily) skin. 

For day moisturizers, I love La Mer's Moisturizing Gel, Moisturizing Lotion, and Moisturizing Soft Cream. Their products are pricey, but a little goes a long way. When I'm on a budget, I like Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It's a favorite among many of my friends all with varying skin types. Murad Essential-C Day Cream is a bit heavier than Sheer Transformation, but it double tasks by providing SPF coverage.

I have found that sometimes the best skincare solution for me is to use a serum and an eye cream during the day and skip a moisturizer all together, replacing it with a sunscreen product, and applying a more intensive moisturizer at night. There are a lot of SPF UVA/UVB lotions out there, but I have found that Clarins UV Plus HP SPF40 provides the environmental protection my skin needs in NYC without making my face an oil slick by noon.

Some of my favorite serums include: La Mer Brightening Essence Intense, Murad Advance Active Radiance Serum, Lancome Genifique, Estee Lauder Perfectionist, Cellcosmet CellLift Serum. Hope this helps!

sundaespal

(0) Hearts

Murad makes a mattifying moisturizer. You might want to try that.

Right now, I'm sticking with Olay Complete. I need the SPF for skin issues and I'm currently not up for an expensive round of trying new stuff just to have it break me out. I have dryish skin, but my skin doesn't absorb well. Olay winds up looking less shiny than others I have tried.

infinitise

I have combination skin that can easily get oily and can easily break out. 

I usually buy my moisturizers elsewhere than Sephora. 

I don't like drugstore ones either.. 

I don't want my moisturizers to have so much chemicals.. because I find it kicks the moisture and oil out of balance. 

I don't stick to one because I feel like your skin needs different nutrients. 

Currently i'm using beauty recipe's little mermaid cream made by samsung. its free of silicones, alcohol parabens, etc 

I'm planning to use Caolion's white cake steam cream when I'm done, which is also free of those stuff 

If i'm in a hurry, and can't order online, I usually buy Ole Henriksen's sheer transformation, Fresh lotus 7 complex, or Ren t zone balancing day fluid 

DeltaGammaGirl

I went to the dermatologist a few months ago, and she recommended that I stop buying all these different moisturizers and start buying CeraVae, which can be purchased at places such as wallgreens, etc. I tried it and it moisturizes my skin so well and I have oily skin, and this doesn't make it oily at all. Also, it doesn't cause breakouts or irritate the skin. I am in love with it so say the least.

katie1724

I don't always use moisturizer (sometimes it's too much with my sunscreen), but when my skin is dry, I love Caudalie Quenching Sorbet Crème. It's so lightweight that you wouldn't think it could hydrate so thoroughly, but it does! I'm currently using Fresh Youth Preserve Cream, and while that seems richer at first glance, I don't think it moisturizes as effectively as the Caudalie does (and they're on par with each other, price-wise). 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • mebeval
    • infinitise
    • DeltaGammaGirl
    • autumn18
    • sundaespal