ljulius

Moisturizer for Acne/Combination-Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for a good oil-free moisturizer for my acne prone skin. I've tried Kate Somervile Oil-free moisturizer and Origins Planscription SPF 25 in oil-free but both made me feel greasy. I used Origins Checks and Balances, United State, Dermadoctor Aint Misbehavin Serum. Do moisturizers with the SPF in them tend be be greasier? 

midnightangel

Re: Moisturizer for Acne/Combination-Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

Yes, moisturizers with sunscreen tend to not only be greasier but highly irritating if you have allergies/sensitivity to sunscreens.

I recommend Boscia revitalizing black hydration gel and Lancôme Génifique serum. Both are super light and absorb quickly. They also will not irritate sensitive skin or cause breakouts. I have really oily skin and am a lifelong acne sufferer and I swear by these 2 moisturizers.

Also, don't laugh, but on the drugstore end, Clean & Clear's Morning Burst hydrating gel moisturizer is also fantastic for oily skin. It's oil-free, super light and smells amazing. I would put it right up there with Boscia & Lancôme any day!

lylysa

Re: Moisturizer for Acne/Combination-Oily Skin

(0) Hearts

It depends on the individual product and its formulation in regards to whether a moisturizer with SPF is greasy.

All moisturizers are not created equal, so just because a few struck out, doesn't mean there's no hope. :smileyhappy:

Try Boscia's Oil Free Hydration SPF 15:

Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

It's a super light weight moisturizer good for oily or acne prone skin formulated with gentle botanicals and no preservatives.

Not all oils are bad for skin either, botanical based or natural oils mimic the oils our skin actually needs to keep supple and well balanced.

Murad's Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 feel slightly tackier than most moisturizers upon initial contact, but work product between fingers to "warm" it up before applying to face. It's amazing at oil control, mattifying, and works well for acne prone skin.

Murad - Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++

Tea tree leaf off (anti-bacteria properties that serve toward acne), pomegranate oils/extract, as well as argan extract and sesame extract keep skin moisturized while willowbark, corn starch, and Murad's Oil Control Complex keep shine and oil at bay.

You can always add or layer a sunscreen on top of a moisturizer with no SPF to instantly make it AM-friendly. Try an oil free, fluid-like version that's thin and light weight as to no make skin greasy or feel heavy. La Roche Posay Athelios sunscreens come in mineral and chemical formulas and Kate Somerville's Waterlight SPF 50 is a no-fuss, mineral based sunscreen that wears incredibly well.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ljulius
    • lylysa
    • midnightangel