Morganny

Moisturizer Search

Does anyone know of a good daytime moisturizer? I have sensitive and acne prone skin that is in between normal and dry. I'm just looking for something non comedogenic and on the light side because I do some heavy duty moisturizing with my night cream. SPF is a plus!
RandeeBT

Re: Moisturizer Search

(0) Hearts

Hi Morganny!

I recommend trying Hampton Sun's SPF 15 Super Hydrating Face Cream. This moisturizer is fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologically tested so it is perfect for your sensitive skin! This moisturizer contains a complex including aloe vera, chamomile, cucumber and grapeseed which are all very soothing ingredients. :smileyvery-happy: 

Best,
Randee
TheSocialQuota

(0) Hearts

I really enjoy Deep Steep's body lotion line, the formula is so light and sensitive that it doesn't make my skin rash like 90% of other brands. Try it in Rosemary Mint if you want a tingle when you apply it :smileywink:

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Seconding Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+.  I've used this for years on for my dry skin and it just sinks right in.  It's just pure moisture.  Another one I like for my dry, sensitive skin is Caudalie's Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet.  Very light and doesn't irritate sensitive skin. 

Personally, I prefer to let my moisturizer sink in and then apply sunscreen over it since you'd have to apply far more moisturizer or makeup with SPF in it than you think to get decent coverage otherwise.  Some of my favorites are Supergoop Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40 and Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion for Face/Body SPF 50.  Neutrogena's Fresh Cooling Mist SPF 45 is also great for a cheaper alternative, as is Aveeno's Hydrate/Protect Sunblock SPF 50, which is a physical sunblock with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.

killerteeth

(0) Hearts

Hi Morganny!

I have sensitive and acne prone skin, and have been using the Cerave Day Lotion, well the CVS version of it. (I'm pretty sure that's what it's called-- it comes in a white bottle with a pump and i think has a sun on the label) It has SPF 15, feels weightless, and absorbs quickly. And in the close to year i've been using it, it hasn't broken me out!

mberteig

I really like Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation, been using it for years (along with other Ole Henriksen skincare items) and it is HG for me.

http://www.sephora.com/sheer-transformation-P42342?icid2=ole_lp_bestsellers_carousel_P42342_link

penelopepuffman

i second this. i have THE MOST sensitive skin on the planet. the OH sheer transformation not only controls my oil, but helps my skin stay moisturized!

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Try CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

http://www.sephora.com/dramatically-different-moisturizing-lotion-P381030?skuId=1538354

It's lightweight; also doesn't contain spf

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • mberteig
    • waterbaby1981
    • penelopepuffman
    • TrysBeautyItems