Answer
Jedo
Mixing foundation with moisturizer or sunscreen?
(0) Hearts

I recently bought the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation the other day by accident while looking for the Tarte Tinted Moisturizer. After calling back the Sephora I bought it from as well as nearby Sephoras apparently they don't carry my shade, Agent 06, (as well as other shades) at the moment...

I really like the Tarte Foundation (It looks beautiful with a primer underneath and finishing powder on top) I purchased but I am not much of a foundation gal. For the everday I just want a little coverage to hide some blemishes and acne scars, along with toning down my easily flushed face. 

So I was wondering would it be okay to mix the Tarte foundation with my Neutrogena oil-free (chemical) spf 35 moisturizer, or would mixing the foundation with an Neutrogena oil-free (mineral) sunscreen that dries matte be a better option? I know chemical sunscreens and moisturizers soak into the skin, while mineral sunscreens sit ontop the skin. I was originially just going to mix the Tarte foundation with my moisturizer but I'm starting to think mixing the foundation with a mineral sunscreen would be better as it could have have more staying power. And yes, I always apply moisturizer (along with eye cream) after washing my face : 3 I know I would most likely have to test it out first hand but I would greatly appreciate some opinion before I go and potentially waste some expensive products.

**I should also mention I live in a humid area that is mostly sunny. It is always 60%+ humidity and the coldest it gets is a low 70 F. My face is this weird chaotic mixture of being sensitive, acne prone and being combination. Some days I am either dry-combination, or a more oily combination.**

swfupload_154558856308316641.jpg

Thanks <3 xoxoxo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
makeupmaven
Answered
[ Edited ]

Ok to mix w/ moisturizer (or a face oil/ serum...even a luminizer might be nice) but it will make your SPF less effective if you mix that...

I also forgot to mention that you could mix your primer and foundation!

Make Up For Ever HD Elixir would also work for this purpose:

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=make%20up%20for%20ever%20hd%20serum&skuId=1...

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • Jedo
Photos1
  • swfupload_154558856308316641.jpg